Find
Notify
Tools

Snakes!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of F.C.Selous Stu
posted
Spring is almost in full flight here in Africa so I just want to send out a friendly reminder to everyone out in the bush,( be it bowhunting or soulsearching ),to WATCH OUT FOR SNAKES. I dont know what the situation is like over in the U.S etc but in Africa help is always far away. Not so long ago a friend was hunting buffalo and almost stepped onto a puffadder. I wanted to warn him but i couldnt make a sound due to the proximity of the bovines. Needless to say it slithered away.

Just remember two things:
-dont piss a snake off
-wear enough boot.

As they say in Africa, if you are bitten by a mamba, find a shady tree and enjoy your last 5 minutes. Just looking out for my fellow bowhunters, cheers.

The Archer seeks the mark upon the path of the infinite,

The Prophet
Kahlil Gibram

Posts: 117 | Location: Durban/Grahamstown, South Africa | Registered: 24 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My PH (I was right behind him)nearly stepped on a mamba in the Selous last month. He retreated, but it definitely got our attention.

Posts: 10017 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
At my last trip to rsa i was sitting in a ground blind when i heard a sound outside and when i looked a big Black mamba was on its way inn where i was sitting Eekeri shoot it with my backupp rifle and luckely it died quick!!it was 3,20 long thumbdownwell a lesson to be learned the hard way!keep your eyes open at all time!

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RR4hunt
posted Hide Post
donner where were you hunting Normandy is that a 2nd World War bunker? Eeker

If you never make a career choice based on money, you'll always have money - Jerry Seinfeld

Posts: 43 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of donner
posted Hide Post
He he yes that is a good bunker african style!the hunt was in limpopo dancing

Rauma Hunting and Fishing Safaris
www.rauma-jakt-fiskesafari.no

Posts: 619 | Location: åndalsnes Norway | Registered: 05 January 2007Reply With Quote