New
Find
Notify
Tools

Martin Recurve Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A long time ago I purchased what a Martin Hatfield take down recurve bow, left handed, 70 pound pull. I havent shot a bow in ages and wish to put this up for sale on Ebay. How can I identify exactly what I have? Approximate worth? The bow is new and has never been put together.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
All Bows depreciate very quickly. Even top end bows seldom sell for 1/2 of cost new.
Martins are a good production bow...but, nothing special in terms of collectibles. You might find a lefty looing for a heavier bow. I think us leftys are only about 18% of the archers out there.

Start it at $50 + shipping.....If you get more be happy.

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to try putting it in the free classifieds here or on one of the traditional bowhunting sights. tradgang.com or stickbow.com

Posts: 421 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I will try ebay. They dont even make this bow any more in left handed 70 pound pull. Similar ones are selling for close to 500

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i might be interested what ya asking for it.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I listed it stickbow for $395. If you want it for a quick sale $375.

one of us
posted Hide Post
ill tell my neibour about it he's a lefty as well its a bit light for me.

im using a custom hoyt hyper tec at 95 pounds with 620 grain arrows for 99% of my bow hunting.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok, and thank you. Please tell him I never even put the bow together.