THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Favorite mail order archery suppliers

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite mail order archery suppliers
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul H
posted
So who are your favorite mail order houses? I'm familiar with the traditional suppliers, but am thinking about getting a compound. I know Cabella's has a pretty good selection, but aren't familiar with any of the outfits. I'm leaning towards a Hoyt bow as well.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul,
Take a look at: http://www.fsdiscountarchery.com/
I've only ordered from them once but it was a big order for a bow press, arrow saw and other shop equipment. Service, accuracy, and speed were all to my satisfaction. I do suggest however, that if it's possible, you buy a bow at a pro shop since draw length is so critical. It would also allow you to shoot several bows prior to making a selection.

Cheers
Bob

Posts: 75 | Location: Montgomery, AL | Registered: 02 July 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I have been thinking I'll be best off with a local pro shop, especially since it'll be my first bow. Hmm, it's lunch time now, maybe I'll have to wander over to a shop and look at some bows [Smile]

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Paul,

I think you'd do best at a local pro shop. Much more personal service which is good if this is your first bow. Try a bunch out and see which one you like the best. Bows are like puppies, one will pick you out. Good luck! [Smile]

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabellas or Redhead are pretty good as far as selection, although they don't carry some lines of bows like Matthews. You might find a good selection of bows at a local pro shop, and it is good to actually shoot a variety of bows, but you're better off mail-ordering shafts, sights, and other accessories. You could just buy these separately and show up with the whole bag of goodies when you pick up your bow - if you decide to go through a local shop. [Wink]

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
I swung by the pro-shop at lunch. Looks like the way to go, the bow will be tuned to me, and I'll also get coaching and be set up ready to go. I don't think it'll end up costing me much more then mail order, and if I have any problems, it's a lunchtime trip, vs shipping the kit across country, and hoping to get things turned around in a week or two at the fastest.

one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing to remember, Hoyt doesn't sell bows through mail order for just the reasons stated above - they want their customers with their bows set up right. You can bet the Reflex line through mail orer.

Posts: 64 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 06 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about thier bows but for arrows and accessories, eders.com and mountain archery have been good to deal with.

Posts: 150 | Location: upper michigan | Registered: 27 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Lancaster archery supply

Posts: 18 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 22 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I would strongly advise against ordering a bow from mail order. only for the simple fact that it will end up costing you more in the long run. When you buy a bow from your local proshop you sometimes get alot of extra personal service at no charge. When ordering a bow from mail order your local proshops are more apt to charge for the little extras you will need in setting up your bow the correct way. I work in a proshop in Grand Rapids, MI and I charge a customer for everything extra I do for them when they come into the shop with a bow that they didnt buy from us. On the otherhand will bend over backwards for a customer who most of the time buys thru us. He even gets pointer on shooting form as well as places to get the thing we can not carry that he may want. i just get tired of guys who want to save a buck buy ordering their arrows from Cabelas and then they want me to cut them and install inserts for them for free or at a reduced rate. Proshops are called just that for a reason.

[ 09-06-2003, 18:39: Message edited by: chuckduster ]

Posts: 123 | Location: grand rapids | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 09-06-2003, 18:39: Message edited by: chuckduster ]

Posts: 123 | Location: grand rapids | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote