New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are You Ready...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For a compound bow that retails for $2100?

The new Mathews Monster Safari is just that!

I asked my dealer if he would have one in stock before long. He said the answer is:

a. When I put a deposit down on one

b. If Mathews decides to floor one for a dealer for zero percent interest for a year.

Are they nuts?

What's next, $45 shafts?
Never mind, we got that last year, Easton X10's.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted Hide Post
Do you have any information or pictures? That sounds interesting.

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe it has something to do w/the fact that Texas has opened up archery season to crossbows. (Except in Grayson County, where there isn't even a gun season, go figure!)

How many other states have done this recently? I'm going to try to get some type of crossbow and be ready before October 1, 2011, just not one that is that expensive!

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOT a crossbow, a compound bow!

www.mathewsinc.com I went by my Mathews dealer yesterday, and he had the new 2011 catalogs.

The shafts: I grabbed both Easton shafting catalogs while I was there. I ask him about the new X10 barreled shafts. Yep! barreled for superior flight characteristics and accuracy.

He says "Rich, those things are $450 for ten bare shafts. Then you have to buy fletching and tips. Five hundred bucks, plus tax, per ten, out the door."

I think it's a sign of the End Times...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
399.95 pr dozen with your choice of feathers.
And why anyone would shoot carbon arrows of any price is beyond me?

Posts: 145 | Location: Haines Oregon | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$2,100.00 for a bare bow and $450 for ten shafts??? LOL, that just plain nuts, and in my estimation, anyone that springs for that kind of equipment has a lot more money than sense!

I got my Forge bow NEW for under $400.00 and a dozen complete arrows and six broadheads were right around a $100.00!

But I'll be willing to bet that the animals killed with that bow will be impressed....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Hoyts all carbon bow lineup are around the same price.

Posts: 369 | Location: Adirondacks | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
they were $1600 here last year. Funny thing, I went to RSA last April and the Bow Shop in Pretoria had them for about $1200 USD.

Rich

posted Hide Post
Mine cost under $15.00 with string slincers, arrow holder, string and rest. They still do the job. And I can fix them if need be.

rudyc

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rudyc. That is cool. I worked at an archery shop and had every modern option available.I finally gave it up and started hunting with a recurve. Theres no better feeling than killing deer or elk with a long bow.

Posts: 145 | Location: Haines Oregon | Registered: 15 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Rudy, That sure is a fine outfit. tu2

What kind of Wood did you use?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hello Hot Core,

The longbow with the moose is Bamboo back and front with a Maple core, no glass.

The second bow from an Osage fence post, I steamed the slight recurve into the tips to up the poundage a bit. Here is another pic of the Osage bow.

rudyc

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I had to click "show post" a couple times to read into this thread as I have one member on ignore. TMI...sorry

But....I never understood why people will pay the price of some of today’s archery equipment. Crazy!!!!

Not me I am just fine with buying from the guy who has to have this year’s new gadgets and take a screwing on last years supposed POS Roll Eyes

What kind of braodhead is that you’re using rudyc? I count 3 blades.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You're right TY, hunting with traditional equipment puts a grin on my face.

Ted: I used a two bladed 145gr Journeyman broad head for the moose. That bow pulls 51#'s at 28" draw.

For the deer I use the 3 bladed 125gr Wensel Woodsmans. The Osage bow pulls 52#'a at 27"

My arrows all weigh in at 630gr + - 10 grains.

rudyc

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that is the price you have to pay for having "someone" on ignore.

Imagine how you'll feel when I post that I hit a bazillion dollars in the lottery, and say that the first two hundred responders to THAT post get a million dollars!!

Having someone here on ignore is like going to scout camp and short sheeting your own bunk by mistake!

regards,

Rich

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update Rudy. I have a buddy in Florida that I'll send a link of this thread to and I feel sure he will think very highly of your Bow too.

Out of an Osage Fence Post! Amazing!! tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
I had to click "show post" a couple times to read into this thread as I have one member on ignore. TMI...sorry

+1

Having Someone on Ignore has exponentially enhanced my enjoyment of Accurate Reloading.

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
wave

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You two are so funny...

put somebody on ignore, and then have to have somebody put my posts in quotes so you can read every word I have to say. And then say how putting me on ignore has "enhanced" your experience on the forum.

Two funny...

regards,

Rich

I am headed out about 8am tomorrow for Reno. You can give your helpers the week off...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey ted,

Isn't it great how the Ignore Function makes psychotic PM's and overt challenges to fist fights in Reno magically disappear...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be leaving in about an hour for Reno.

See you all there...

Rich

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
It worked for me.