Notify
Tools

Getting ready to go!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hunting For Adventure
posted
Hey gang,

I'm at that point before a safari where you can't think straight, can't concentrate, and are completely focused on gear, packing lists, and the upcoming adventure! I leave on July 26 for a 12 day hunt with Spiral Horn Safaris. www.spiralhorn.co.za

I am taking two bows, my black widow recurve and a Mathews Switchback compound. So, these will be packed in one duffel bag with loads of different arrows and broadheads. I will literally only be taking two pairs of pants and a few shirts. Otherwise, it's all gear.

I'm taking a FOXPRO caller in an attempt to try some night hunting for jackal and the little cats. Also taking night vision binoculars.

I've got several different setups going with my archery tackle:

Giraffe - Compound bow at 74 lbs, with a 890 grain grizzly stick safari arrow and a 315 grain "nanook" single bevel broadhead. This setup could shoot through a brick wall i think!

Plains game - compound - Gold tip pro hunter arrows with 125 grain muzzy three blade, 125 grain rage, 125 grain G5 montecs.

Plains game - recurve - Gold tip pro hunter with 220 grain muzzy phantoms up front. They weigh around 550 grains finished and fly great. I really hope to shoot a lot of game with the recurve.

Dink around - 4 bludgeon blunt tips for guinea fowl, and one zwickey judo point for longer shots on guineas and other miscellaneous.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF THE OFFICE!

Tom Addleman
tom@dirtnapgear.com

Posts: 1161 | Location: Kansas City, Missouri | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like your heavy arrow combination, along with the weight you're pulling it should be mighty big medicine! I hope you get to try it on something worthy and big.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Get a buch of flicks to show us. tu2

Good Hunting and clean 1-shot Kills.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote