New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finger tabs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been shooting compounds for years but now I have a couple of recurves on the way, one to play with and one to fish with.

Back when I hunted with a recurve I used a tab with a calfskin face, I think it was calfskin anyway.

What are you fingershooters using nowdays?

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ncbowman

There are lots of choices. I prefer a glove and have been using a damascus, neet, and a superglove. The damascus & neet let you feel the string more but I get a better release and more protection from the superglove. Your calfskin tabs are still available. You can also get them with nylon, leather, cordovan (sp?) leather and so on. You could check out a few at a local shop or check out 3riversarchery.com or ebay. Three rivers has a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Black widow is supposed to make a nice tab. Hope this helps.

Posts: 136 | Location: PA | Registered: 16 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ncboman,
I use a deerskin Damaskas style glove over my camo gloves. It has a velcro wrap that holds it on so I don't loose it and alows me to pick up sticks or move them out of the way when still hunting and won't hang up on twigs and limbs like a tab can.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
As soon as I discovered them I began using a Damascus glove and have never gone back. I NEVER liked the tabs and with lighter bows shot bare fingers and with gloves otherwise. The Damascus is the best glove I've found for me.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I have a few freinds that shoot trad competively. They swear by tabs for accuratcy.

I use a deer skin glove from a company called "Berlin Glove". I've found the damascus to be to thin and the SuperGlove to be way too stiff w/no feeling. The best thing about a glove is that it's harder to "forget" that a a tab. LOL

Tab or glove buy a few, break them in and rotate them.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote