THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Need help to a thread i�ve started about clothings

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help to a thread i�ve started about clothings
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey,
i know that especially bowhunters have to take a deeper look on the garnment they wear, because the stuff has to be quiet and strong.
I�m interested in finding the right gear for my hunting. Especially i�m looking for hunting gear made out of wool.
I�ve started a thread under "big game hunting" in the forum, and like to ask for some more details...that you maybe can give me

The link to the Thread is as follows:

http://www.serveroptions.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002945#000009

Thank all of u for reading and maybe for some additional informations.

Konstantin

A nice christmastime to all of u [Smile]

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use regular Predator Camo
Predator Camo web site
I use the Predator Fall Brown Grey and Spring Green exclusively and have done so for years.

Fall Grey in Montana Sage from about 10 yards and I am fully visiable if you look close

-

Fall Grey in South Africa on my first trip.
(Oh yes the python is alive [Big Grin] )

-

Fall Brown in South Africa this past year along side RSA splinter

-

And last but not least is the Spring Green in south Africa. I had been in a blind early that morning which is why I was wearing it and had not had the chance to remove the green layer from over top of the brown layer. Oh did I mention we had frost just about every morning this past early July [Big Grin]

-

This stuff is GREAT. I can still hunt or tree stand hunt Whitetails, varmints and Turkey in Ohio, Elk in Montana, Plains game in South Africa with the same set of camo and it works all over.
Mine is the Cotton Jersey and the only thing I would say is to wash it several times. I would also take a look at the Saddlecloth™, Bucksuede™, and Amazoncloth™ over Wool because these don't pickup burrs and wool will.

Good Luck!

[ 12-12-2002, 22:45: Message edited by: amosgreg ]

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For camo I prefer Predator hands down. Had em look right thru me many times. [Smile]

For cold, I use Cabela's Dry Plus Insulated Coveralls over wool over polypro long johns. Of course the Cabelas stuff isn't predator so there is a trade when the temps force it, for me anyway.

The Dry Plus I have is really good stuff. It kept me warm and snug in a -28 windchill, toes got cold though. [Big Grin]

[ 12-16-2002, 10:45: Message edited by: ncboman ]

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote