New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help-your input is needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here's the problem. I have a shoulder injury that is going to be permanent, I just bought a new Hoyt MagnaTec last fall, the bow cannot be set lower than 60# now because of my injury I now have to have one that I can set between 50#-55# because otherwise I cannot hold the draw long at all.
Now I have thought of just changing the limbs being that it was a new bow but was told by the shop owner that it would violate my warranty and somehow screw up the bow. I confess I am not an expert so am not sure if I am being given a snow job or not.
So I am considering buying a new Hoyt MT Sport which will adjust from 45#-60# and selling the MagnaTec, can any of you knowing bow hunters here offer any advice on this problem? What should I do? Help! [Confused]
Thanks and good shooting
Pa Griz [Big Grin]

[ 05-28-2003, 05:41: Message edited by: PaGriz ]

Posts: 169 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I'd call Hoytt to check on that limb change question.

Have you considered going trad.? I broke off the end of my elbow ten years ago. After surgery and some steel pins I was told I might not shot anymore.

I used a 30# recurve as physical theropy. I just couldn't handle the jerking of the cam roll over on a compound. But, I was able to draw a recurve, as the draw was much smoother.

Today I'm hunting with a 70# recurve and preparing order heavier limbs to go to Africa in '04. I really don't miss all the adjustments & tweking. [Eek!]

Good luck, I hope you get past that shoulder trouble.

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I got the problem solved. I went to the Archery shop today and after explaining the problem to the dealer he said I want you to try something and handed me a bow and said, here pull this back, I pulled it without any effort and it felt that I could hold it at draw forever.
When I handed it back to him he said, I want you to know you just pulled 65# well needless to say that darn near sold me on the spot but then I shot the bow, it suits me great and I did not feel like I had been beat after shooting it.
The bow is the 2003 PSE Triton, I'm having a new Impact Archery Cosmic site put on it and bringing it home tomorrow.
Look out buck..I'm back! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 169 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I'm glad that worked out for you.

Maybe you should talk with our friend JOHAN on the Rookie thread he's looking for a used bow. [Wink]

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote