THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Need an Archery Elk Hunt for this Fall

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need an Archery Elk Hunt for this Fall
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My archery elk hunt for 2012 just fell through when my outfitter lost his best lease. I am looking for a place for my son and I to hunt for 300+ bulls without breaking the bank. I value honest, hard working outfitters that I could build a lasting hunting relationship with for the years to come. Any thoughts?

Posts: 64 | Location: alaska | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TEANCUM
posted Hide Post
Idaho Montana and Wyoming are suffering from some insidious elk hunt reductions due to the rising wolf populations in the prime elk areas. One of the favorite regions up north, Lolo area, saw elk numbers drop from 16,000 to 2,000 as per Idaho Fish & Game. Many outfitters in the state has ceased doing business

I would be avoiding any state with a wolf population.

Idaho use to be a great state for elk but I wouldn't steer you here now. Sorry.

Posts: 1788 | Location: IDAHO | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indian summer Outfitters in Pagosa Springs, CO has some excellent elk country to hunt and bring some nice bulls out every year. If you are interested, PM me and I will give you their contact info.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry but I had not looked at this post in awhile and missed this. I just committed to a draw hunt in Mt so don't need it now unless we fail again. Thanks though.

Posts: 64 | Location: alaska | Registered: 02 January 2009Reply With Quote