New
Find
Notify
Tools

finally shot an adcock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well this past Friday evening I was at our traditional night at the Calgary archery center and I was looking on the bow rack. Holy shit, sez I to myself-that's an adcock bow. Yup a fellow had not one but two adcocks. He let me shoot both one was a 40 lb one piece. The other was a 50 lb. takedown. Well the hype about these bows isn't hype at all. They're damned fine bows and the performance of the 50 lb is better than most 50 lb recurves. That's good considering most longbows don't perorm as well as recurves. The handle is nicely cut with the shelf down low, sitting just above your hand. It was nice to try them kind of like a stranger tossing you the keys to a sportscar.

the chef
the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
hey chef,about where and who are making these?
I have been out of the archery scene for awhile
never heard of them.I tried a few longbows but found they stack bad and give recoil that takes getting used to.

Posts: 46 | Location: N.E. Sask. Canada | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ol Adcock makes a longbow that has concave limbs...it's a patented design. His longbows shoot 200 fps with hunting weight arrows. There is no handshock. He went to the Bonnyville distance shoot this year and won in two events. Pretty impressive considering that he hasn't competed in distance shoots before. This is a bow that weighs the same as a stick of butter!! He also has one of the best sites on the net regarding tuning arrows and bows for traditional shooting. Damn I wish I could afford one right now!!!!

the broke chef

one of us
posted Hide Post
Adcock
I don't believe he's taking orders now. IIRC, they were somewhere around $900.

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True he's not taking orders for about 4 years....but I found one for sale someplace else. It's eating me up, I'd love to buy it. The seller wants 850 and if not sold soon will put it on e-bay where I suspect it will sell for 1500 or so.

the chef