Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archery first?
 Login/Join

posted
I have enjoyed 16 years of bowhunting in New York state so far. Us bowhunters have always enjoyed getting a jump on the rest of the deer hunters with the first open season. This year NY state is considering opening an early muzzleloader season for 2 weeks before the opening of bow season. Do any other bowhunters out there have to deal with any type of firearms season before the opening of your bow season? If so how does it effect your early season deer patterns and how do you adjust for hunting deer that have already been pressured for a few weeks?

Posts: 17 | Location: Buffalo NY | Registered: 30 March 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Boss Kongoni
posted Hide Post
I've unfortunately been only hunting public land that last few years. We bowhunt up to the start of the rut. We have to contend with idiot slug gun hunters* tromping around looking for a stand location horthier 1st 4 day season.

I missed a great oppertunity on an monster Illini buck 3 years ago to two dufuses that were "scouting" Roll Eyes at dust. I had rattled & call this old buck when Dumd & dumber came tromping by talking & smoking ciggarettes.

That's public land,,,Sheesh

What to do?...Hike out a few more miles

Good luck! Wink

If you can't smell his breath, your're not close enough!

Posts: 980 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 January 2003Reply With Quote