THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Quiet raingear for bowhunters

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quiet raingear for bowhunters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am interested in what people use for raingear while bowhunting. I elk hunted last year in the rain using Cabelas MT050, but it seemed to me quite noisy. Are there any other solutions? I am a spot and stock, so crawling through the brush quietly is important.

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
treated wool.....or put a thinrain coat under a thin wool over coat, i also use shadow wear..clothing desined specificly for bow hunters..

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use "mad dog" it's pretty inexpensive, "breathes" and very quiet. It's not the most durable gear but then if you want something to really keep you dry and last well then it's probably going to be noisy too.

One of Us
Picture of Jungleboy
posted Hide Post
I've had really good luck with Sitka Gear. Their regular camo is pretty rain "resistant",
but their actual rain gear is excellent & rain proof, it's relatively quiet as well!

Posts: 519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
KUIU. The best I've used.

If you don't have to move much...ie. sitting in a treestand, then you might try River's West. It's like fleece but doesn't breathe.

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GSX series from Gander Mountain is good stuff. If you dont have one of those around check out the Under Armour rainwear, I just bought some looks quality but haven't used it in the field yet.

Posts: 11636 | Location: Wisconsin  | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cabelas MT050

I have not really found anything quieter but I sure like the fit and rain-proof nature of the design.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've been using Swazi for the last 5 years including 2 wet hunts in Alaska. I'm sticking with Swazi.