New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quiver of Choice?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok, What quiver do you use and why? I prefer a hip quiver that hold eight arrows. The kind that attaches to your belt and straps to your leg. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
<recurve shooter>
posted
i use a back quiver for hunting ,for 3D i use a side quiver .i am luck as i make leather archery products and sell them (way i am financing my first safari ) ,nice leather and sheep shearling around the top inside and out .
check out my web site www.clik.to/herbsleatherworks ,any donations to get herb to africa fund is greatly appreciated . [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
like the backquiver for hunting because you can carry alot in it and will give lots of protection to your arrows .----- herb

[ 01-23-2003, 06:34: Message edited by: recurve shooter ]

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
For hunting I use one of those Qwikie three arrow quivers. They are made in Michigan too!

For practice, I just use a 5 gallon plastic bucket.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Lynx 4 arrow bow quiver. Hip or back quivers are too dangerous, uncomfortable, and noisy for my style of hunting and they get tangled in everything. Four securely held arrows are plenty.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Over the last 30 years of bowhunting, I think I have tried most styles. I always end up going back to a bow quiver. A good ole 6 arrow Quicky for my compounds and a 5 arrow Selway for my BobLee recurve. I like the extra weight when shooting my recurve plus the convenience of having only one thing to worry about while moving thru the brush. I do remove the quiver before I shoot my compound. If I am in a stalk, I will remove the quiver when I get close to the action and just carry it in my other hand. I found that a hip quiver in thick brush was a real problem for me.
I do think they all have there place though.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use a bow quiver and also a Rancho Safari Cat Quiver back quiver. The back quiver is great for stalking as it is worn with 2 shoulder straps in the center of the back not over the shoulder indian style and is out of the way and dosn't get snagged too much. I also have never found a hip quiver that felt right and stayed out of the way when moving through the brush.

Nice looking stuff Herb!

Posts: 1525 | Location: Hilliard Oh USA | Registered: 17 May 2002Reply With Quote
<recurve shooter>
posted
thanks Greg ,back quivers work fine if you are my size (large ) slided them down the back out of the way don't hang up as much .when i hunt with a bow only figure on one shot anyway .
the side quiverworks good in front yard ,at the club or at 3D shoots ,everything is right by your hand .i think it is what you get used to ,if i could only figure out how to hit what i look at !!!----- love to watch an arrow in flight-- herb