New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got some new limbs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My Bow Tech Stalker Lite came with 40 lb limbs. Those limbs were maxed out which was 43 lbs, so i went out and got some new 50 lb ones today. I had the bow pro set them at the lower end which was 43, right where i was with the old ones. But when i got home and tried it out, the bow was shooting low from what it had been. So i gave each limb two turns, which brought it to 45 and then it was hitting just about right. After a little fine tuning it is shooting perfect again. I plan to be up to 50 by the time bow season comes in.

The cost of the new limbs was 35.00 installed. If you keep the old limbs, then it's 100.00. Even if you sustained an injury and had to go back in weight, or something, it'd still be cheaper to trade the old.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Read the heading you got new limbs and I was thinking legs. First thought was I hope she didnt get them the same length--wouldn't be able to walk in West Virginia.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That was arms, not legs,any lady shooting 50# is someone to reckon with. I'm from Ohio, now living in WV and I would stay away from her. Tough lady!

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BRF,

There now, see.... you're perfectly safe. Beings as you're a non native, you could get away as you got a speed advantage over my lopsided legs.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's a good deal. I wish my wife would shoot her bow enough to increase her weight, but she struggles at 38 or 40 lbs. She shot her first game(Black Hawaiian Ram) this year but it got away due to poor shot placement. We did find part of the arrow.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JD:
That's a good deal. I wish my wife would shoot her bow enough to increase her weight, but she struggles at 38 or 40 lbs. She shot her first game(Black Hawaiian Ram) this year but it got away due to poor shot placement. We did find part of the arrow.

Ever consider getting her a X-Bow ?

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
JD,
Congratulations to your wife in her ability to get off a shot. That is the real test of skill. The things that can affect placement could have happened regardless of pull. I hope she does keep practicing though. Sounds like she has a good bit of natural talent.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

one of us
posted Hide Post
Swede: Most areas we hunt, crossbows are not legal.

Plinker: Yes, just getting a shot is a good test of skill. She was in a ground blind.

JD

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a sweet deal Smiler

I have a Bowtech Extreme Solo and I believe the only difference between it and a Samson VFT is the limbs. Same Riser and Same post cam.

The Extreme Solo goes to 70 lbs while the Samson can easily go to 100lbs Red Face . If it's just for $100 thats an awfully tempting upgrade to have available. Did your dealer do the work or do you have to contact the factory.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BigGuy,

It was only 35.00 with the exchange of the old ones. Got it done at same place i bought it, the price included everything. They happened to have a pair in stock, but normally they would have had to order them from the factory.

The Bow Tech Solo you have.. is that the same thing as a Bow Tech Extreme VFT?

Plinker

aim small, hit small

One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Check out the 2002 PDF file. The Extreme Solo appears to be the same as the Samson. Only difference I can detect is limbs. Maybe a different string system too. But that should be the only difference.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote