THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    How often do you replace your bow string?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How often do you replace your bow string?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted
And if I replace mine, do I need to shoot so often before it settles in?

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nomrcy
posted Hide Post
I would say yearly, but it depends what type of bow it is and how many shots you put through it. Yes-most newwer strings require a "break-in" period of 200-300 shots to settle in.

Trophies are not dead animals...they are living memories.

Posts: 217 | Location: Fargo, North Dakota | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i replace mine when it looks like it needs it. when the string starts to fray a little. i think every 2 years or so.

most strings do require a break in period, then you'll need to get things retuned, have your peep adjusted, etc... however, winners choice strings come pre stretched, and you don't really have the problem of the break in period. i just put a winners choice on my mathews and love it. i have shot a couple hundred arrows and no stretching thus far...just good groups Smiler

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The above suggestions are good.
I would add, be certain to wax your string frequently and watch the timing on your cams.

Posts: 252 | Location: Morris IL USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I don't replace mine as often as I should, but I've never had any problems. A good quality string that is kept waxed usually last me 3 years easy.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Replaced the string on my carp bow for the first time this year, bow was bought in 1992....

Im sure the string companies love you guys that replace them yearly. Course I normally only shoot 200-500 shots/year with that bow.

One of Us
Picture of Gerhard.Delport
posted Hide Post
Do a search for Bucknasty strings on Archerytalk

I have one on my bow now for the last two years and right from the start performed great compared to the strings supplied from Bowtech

Gerhard
FFF Safaris
Capture Your African Moments
Hunting Outfitter (MP&LP)
Proffesional Hunter (MP&LP)
History guide
Wildlife Photographer
www.fffsafaris.co.za

Posts: 1659 | Location: Dullstroom- Mpumalanga - South Africa | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
My bow is 11 years old and I have replaced it twice. I have also only shot it about 100 times a year since I have replaced the string 3 years ago.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote