THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Amazon is GREAT to deal with!!!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon is GREAT to deal with!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I also posted this in Reloading, but since it is primarily about an MTM Arrow Case, I'm also posting it here.

I recently ordered some stuff from Amazon. If it was an item they carried in their Inventory and over $25, then the Shipping was FREE. Plus, you could select Dense Pack which allowed them to consolidate less expensive items(that also had to be in the Amazon Inventory) and it would be Shipped in the same box with the FREE Shipping item. They do charge you TAX in compliance with your State.

An MTM Arrow Case was out of Stock and it also qualified for FREE Shipping. The Amazon computer wanted to know if I wanted to Back Order, or just Delete it. Selected Back Order and then I got an email which allowed me to Track the Shipping progress – just excellent.

The first Box arrived with everything intact. And before it got here, I had another email saying the Arrow Case was scheduled for Packing, along with another Tracker.

When the Arrow Case arrived, it looked like the box had been dropped and the UPS Driver waited for me to open it. He told me, “I don’t think there is anything in it, because you ALWAYS get heavy stuff!” I gave it a quick look and the Case appeared to be fine, so off UPS went.

Later that day, I discovered the MTM Arrow Case was Cracked in two spots. So, I got on-line with Amazon(never actually talked to a person) and got it Scheduled for a Return and a Replacement. I was very impressed with how well their System handled the situation. It gave me three choices on how to get it back in UPS’ hands and allowed me to Print-Out the Return label on my printer.

I elected to take it to a local UPS store and the Amazon computer knew the exact moment that it got in UPS’ control. That is important so you do not get charged for it and the Replacement.

The Second MTM Arrow Case left Amazon just as before, and it arrived in a slightly less crushed box. But, it was also Cracked in two places. I took flicks of it and they sent me an email address where I could give a Detailed Report of what I saw – if I wanted to. Obviously it was either a Packaging problem or they had Cracked Cases in their Inventory. I looked at the Packaging and they had simply laid the Case in a box then placed some waded up paper over it. Basically nothing to protect it from an Impact on either end or the bottom of the box. And the flicks I sent Amazon showed that.

So, back the Second one goes, the same as the First one. And I get another email which was really nice from them. Obviously not a computer generated routine response and it said they were very sorry I was having the problem and another one was to be sent to me – with expedited Shipping – at no charge.

The third one arrived by FedEx. When I opened it, they had changed the Packaging. Even more amazing to me, was that they had sent it totally FREE. I’d thought they meant just FREE expedited Shipping, but Amazon didn’t even charge me for this Third MTM Arrow Case.

The Third MTM Arrow Case has three very small Mold Bubbles within the Plastic right where the first two Cases had Cracked. Those are the only Mold Defects I can see in it and do not anticipate the Case will ever Crack there – unless – it is subjected to some Klutzy Drop on my part. More flicks sent to Amazon so they can discuss the issue with MTM.

However, the whole point of this is to tell you all just how well Amazon deals with Problems and how well they treat their Customers. Everyone likes a company when things go well, but the real test is when something goes bad.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote