Find
Notify
Tools

ARCHERY ELK/DEER HUNT
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Archers,

If you have not been following the BIG GAME forum recently you may have missed my add for this special hunt.

Bruce Duncan/Selkirk Outfitters who I successfully hunted cougar with in Idaho last Dec. is offering a new hunt for a couple of experienced archers.

Idaho has a Dec. bow season that allows a hunter to take 2 deer and 2 elk on their winter range. You literally could take a mule deer, whitetail and 2 elk of either sex on this hunt. Bruce says in the 10 day hunt a reasonable expectation would be an elk and a deer. Bulls in this area will run from 260-320 B&C. Mulies will be mixed in with the elk and the chances for a descent buck are very good. Whitetail will yard up by themselves and there are some real brutes in the area.

Accomodations, food, equipment are all very good. Bruce has hunted this area extensively and knows it well.

One of the things I find most interesting about this hunt is that Bruce is only taking 2 hunters for the short season. What that means is if 2 guys come together they will have the hunting camp, area and guides to themselves for the whole season. Also there is no local pressure. Finally the hunt costs $4500.00 all inclusive from pick up at the Spokane WA airport to return to the airport. There is no draw or trophy fees and you don't have to buy all your tags at once.

Bruce has had many bow hunters on other hunts so he understands the special needs of archers very well. Most of the hunting will be from blinds or stands set up on migration routes.

If you need more info. just contact me anytime.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
Is that $4500 for two hunters or is it per hunter?
Fordfreak

Posts: 274 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 04 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fordfreak,

The price is per person. If you do a little checking around you won't find a hunt that matches this. 2 elk plus 2 deer, the whole camp and hunting area to yourself for 10 days for $4500.00. There will be one cougar hunter there and if you want you can tag along and follow the dogs to the tree. Exciting stuff!

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12868 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote