Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Razorbacks
 Login/Join

posted
I've run a search and can't seem to find any opinions on the subject, so here's my question.

Has any tried the new Razorback broadheads since they went from the 3/4/5 bladed cartridge to the 2 blade cut on contact cartridge?

One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried them but wouldn't hesitate to try them if they caught my fancy.

"I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies."

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always like the razorback heads. I just put some of the 5 blade heads in my quiver (yes I still have some of these old heads). I don't recall the 4 blade razorbacks. I hunted with the three blade heads in Virginia last month and killed 6 deer with 2 heads (3 blade). They are a little dull now but I usually put one in my quiver to shoot small stuff, like coyotes, fox, squirrels, etc. I did not know they now offer a 2 blade; I will have to go and look at Gander Mt and see these heads. The only thing I don't like about the razorback is that you can't sharpen them. Like the heads I have are still very good; but need a new edge on them and they would be as good as new. These new 2 blades, maybe you can sharpen them. I hope they are a large cutting diameter, ie. 1.5" or larger.

Posts: 157 | Location: Kenosha, WI | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've killed two elk with them and penetration and bleeding was very good in my opinion. I'll use them until something else catches my eye, but they shot to the same point as my field points and worked very well.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1170 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have tested a lot of broadheads over the last few years. The NEW razorbacks are not bad heads, but they are not as sharp as most NAP products. You also can not replace the bleeder blades if they become damaged. Overall they are about average but for the money there are a lot better choices in cut one contact type heads.