THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Have a question about Bowtech

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have a question about Bowtech
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I currently have a dual cam Pse that shoots a 300 grain arrow around 220 fps. Yes its slow but it was a good bow to learn on. I think that I am going to use it for one more season and put in an order for something nicer. I was looking @ Bowtech's line up and I may have found a bow to suit me nicely. Its called the stalker, which is light, compact, and will fling an arrow around 300 FPS. Sounds like a great bow to me, and it has a lifetime warranty. I will have to go shoot one to see If I like it. Could anyone give me reviews about it or maybe touch on some other bows that cost around $500 or so. O I have another question how much would you have to shuck out to get a Ben Pearson Bow? thanks

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello. I was a past Mathews owner. I went to my local archery shop and shot 12 different bows..ended up buying a Bowtech Extreme VFT. I really like it. I fully intended to go in and buy a LX...but I bought a quiet bow that shoots great! Go somewhere where you can shoot a variety of makes and models. Good luck and let us know here what you purchase....Bill

Posts: 31 | Location: Berry, Kentucky | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I shoot a Bowtech VFT Samson (hence the name) and absolutley love it , they are the only company that will send you a chrono sheet of what your bow shot befor it left the factory.
like it was said before , try to get to a shop and shoot several differant bows to see what you like , and if the one you like cost a few dollars more then just wait a while or put it on lay-a-way
I have seen more guys go and spend $600-$700 dollars on a new setup that wasen't what they wanted just to go out the next year and do it again.
As for speed , I get a little over 320+fps out of my bow with a 500gr arrow.
the guys at BowTech are great to talk to and they will build your bow to exactly what you want for no extra cost.

Also if your looking for a shot fast great little bow check out the Tech29 from them

Posts: 18 | Location: S. Louisana | Registered: 16 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the replies i'll check out that 29

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
john 17, Be careful when looking at those extremely short axle-to-axle bows, as they usually have lower brace heights which makes them harder to shoot. They will also create a harsh string to nock angle, requiring that you use a string loop, consequently increasing draw length. Try to find a bow that is quiet, shoots fast and flat and most importantly, feels good in YOUR hands.

I shoot a Fred Bear Epic Extreme, with 33" ATA and I love it. It just took some practice and time getting used to it.

Shoot at least three to four manufacturer's bows to see what you like. I would suggest Parker, Hoyt, Matthews(kinda $$$ but nice), Bowtech and Fred Bear.

I really feel that Fred Bear bows are excellent for the money, as mine is pretty fast at 285fps hunting setup, light, extremely maneuverable and didn't break the bank.

Good luck in your search!

Posts: 35 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Samson what arrow setup are you using?

posted Hide Post
Coondawg , I'm shooting a PSE Carbon Force Extreme in the 400 series at 29" in length. I have the 3gr per inch weight tubes made for the Carbon Express installed in them. I shoot 4.18" Flex-Fletch vanes fletched at slight offset , those little short eared ultra knocks (not sure who makes them)and I use two differant heads depending on what I'm hunting 1) is a Rocket 4 blade Hammerhead for deer 2) is the 4 blade Rocket Sidewinder for critters that are a little more stout like big hogs and Elk where its permited.
My arrows are weighing in right at the 500gr mark (498-503) and I'm shooting them out of a 100lb draw. My avarage speed is running right in the 325fps range , this is giving me KE in the 115lb range.
I honestly diden't think that the weight tubes were going to work to well but I have absolutly no problems with them , all my arrows shoot to the same point and all have perrfect arrow flight.
I shoot such high poundage because I can , and have no problem drawing it all day. It also give me a little better chance to take animals that arn't at the best angle and also to shoot at a little more extended range and still have plenty of power to penitrate well with the big heads I use.
I'm 6'3" and about one hamburger away from 300lbs , I powerlift and body build in my off time
alot of guys give me flack about using such high poundage but I draw 100lbs easier than most guys draw 65lbs so I just ignore it.

Posts: 18 | Location: S. Louisana | Registered: 16 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So you switched from using a Bowtech to a PSE? Is it better? I struck trying to figure out which to buy a Mathews SQ, Bowtech Extreme or the Black Knight I've shot all three and they feel good.

Not as big as you are 5-7 175 lbs with a brick in my back pocket [Wink] . I was looking at using the Simmons Shark 210gr broadheads, Easton A/C/C arrows, might go with the Steelforce added weights for the arrows if they will fit.

I do want to thank you and everyone else for the imput on bow & arrow recommendations.