THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BOW HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bowhunting    Leaf River arrives minus software and security bar

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaf River arrives minus software and security bar
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted
Ok, it will be a few days before picture handling software will be required, but I sure was hoping to mount it and get some pictures this week. with a set of boot prints in the woods that don't belong I can't chance camera mounting without security.
A question how does one get pictures from "Compact Flash Card" to computer without bringing in the whole camera?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CaptJack
posted Hide Post
get another CF-CompactFlash card and a 2nd set of re-chargable batteries
Everytime you go to the camera swap out the card and the batteries

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How you get the pictures off the card depends what computer you got. Some will already have a slot you can plug the card into. Some you need to buy an adaptor for. Then you just copy the pictures from the card onto your hard drive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The adaptor Turtle refers to is a card reader. It looks like computer mouse except has openings for cards. It has a cord that plugs into your hard drive. All you do is insert the card. Computer will read the card as "drive F"

The software that came with the camera isn't that good, IMHO, If you have other photo software on your computer you can use that. Photo Deluxe works for me.

All the security bar does is prevent the camera front from being opened. It's of some value if you're concerned someone might remove the card or tamper with your settings. I lost my small padlock and so left the security bar off for several days till i could buy another lock. The camera, itself, was still secured by the steel cable, a 2 foot diameter oak tree and a hardened steel padlock.

About the batteries....you switch the card every time but it may not be necessary to switch the batteries. A set will last about a month...even in cold weather, taking about 40 pictures a day.

Plinker

aim small, hit small

Posts: 1522 | Location: WV | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Steel Cable . . . obviously something else is missing.

The outfit you mentioned got back to me today, but I did not talk cable becuse it is not on the list.

Ok, I will look for a card reader/adapter. There has to be one that plugs into the USB. Just seems to be a poor desgin of the package. Many folks are a long way from their camera when thay are at the computer!

With the bar, someone will have damage the whole thing to get it, without it they can remove the entire camera mechanism though with some amount of damage.

Challenge your limits

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nobody said you get a cable. You have to buy that yourself. Same as the extra cards and the padlocks.

aim small, hit small

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Plinker
Sorry I saw cable in yours and assumed the cable came with it.
Guess I will have to make one up from scratch. Too bad it is so shiny, it will likely ATTRACT attention in the woods!

Locking bar and software came today. Tomorrow I will get some more cable so I can make up several lengths and a couple of locks!

Don't you need software to download memory from the camera if one does not have chip?

Challenge your limits

one of us
posted Hide Post
TC, you can buy those cables at walmart in the lock dept or in the gun department. They are of varying lengths. They have metal wire inside and black plastic coated and have a loop at each end. People use them with padlocks to tie up things like boats or tree stands. You wouldn't have to use cable. Heck, you could use a length of chain, as long as you had two padlocks.
I'll try to remember to take picture of my camera secured to the tree.

Not sure about the software. I downloaded it and it seemed to just be something for photo editing. Call Jim at Vibrashine. He would be able to tell you.

Plinker

aim small, hit small