Ballistic Software
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Dr B
posted
Does anyone have recomendation for software

one of us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.huntingnut.com . He offers free downloadable exterior ballistics software. It works well and the price is right.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
Try a few of these.
http://stevespages.com/page8b.htm

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sierra Infinity V external ballistics software.

Success is 99% determination.

Posts: 69 | Location: East TX | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Sierra program is good

There's even a shareware ballistics program that you can download into your PDA so you can take it to the range with you.

Posts: 139 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which software would u fellas say is the most user friendly and useful? I'm considering going to the computer programs too, but have no clue which is best as far as storing data for my loads, calculating trajectories, velocities, etc.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
458RugerNo1,
The Sierra software will calculate all of the external ballistics calculations such as trajectory, bullet energy, wind drift, at various distances, etc. The user will select the actual bullet mfg., size, type, and weight (included in the program) and the velocity (via a chronograph) to then have the software program calculate all the various statistical data. It's useful, among other things, to make a range card because all the data you will need is provided and printable. I save and print a range card and keep it with each of my favorite loads.

Success is 99% determination.

Posts: 69 | Location: East TX | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Lee, I'll look into it.

.22 LR Ruger M77/22
30-06 Ruger M77/MkII
.375 H&H Ruger RSM

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ihave tried Sierra's Infinity Suite.
Load from a Disk.
A couple of forgetable shareware programs.
The best so far is Quick Load/Quick Target.

None are perfect but Quick Load is my choice so far. I still use LFAD some times.

You still need some Manuals on hand.

Just my thoughts.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Sierra Infinity V. It does have a couple of bugs tho'. Where can one get a PDA program?

If Chuck Norris dives into a swimming pool, he does not get wet. The swimming pool gets Chuck Norris.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mokopane, Limpopo Province, South Africa | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad Starcevich
posted Hide Post
Yet another vote for Sierra Infinity V. Lots of features for the price, and Sierra provides "somewhat regular" fixes and upgrades on their web site. Best, Starcharvski.

Posts: 135 | Location: St. Charles, IL USA | Registered: 17 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone know of a program that works on Mac’s?

I know I can use a Windows simulator program on my Mac to run Windows based programs...but I don’t have enough free hard drive space to install and use it.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quick Load for both internal as well as external ballistics.

Just perfect for the inquiring mind.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote