New
Find
Notify
Tools

Benelli SBE Experts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was out shooting geese tonight and had just fired round #12 and round #13 became jammed halfway in the chamber and round #14 was sitting on the cartridge casrrier. Jammed it up good, could not move the bolt rearward or forward to get it unjammed. Took the barrel and bolt off and these 3 parts fell out of the receiver. Does anybody know where they go?

Allen Glore

"Annoy a Liberal, work, succeed, be happy"

Posts: 1058 | Location: Lodge Grass, MT. Sitka, Bethel, Fort Yukon, Chevak, Skagway, Cantwell and Pt. Hope Alaska | Registered: 24 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
http://www.benelliusa.com/innovations/inertia.tpl

I found this on the Benelli USA site--the parts in your pic don't look exactly like the drawings, but I did see my buddy tear his down one time and if I recall right the middle part is what I'd say is called the link from the page above and maybe the spring is that spring shown, but the top part in your pic I'm not sure about---hope this helps--Benelli USA didn't have owner's manuals available online yet--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
well I don't think the link I gave you is what you need after I looked at the larger version of the pic-sorry--but maybe it will give you some ideas--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is it the magazine plug??.......chris

one of us
posted Hide Post
Allen, the pieces pictured are, from top to bottom;
Ejector housing
Ejector
Ejector spring

The housing screws into the left side of the receiver at the end of the bolt throw. From the looks of the two (too?) tiny screws that hold the whole mess in place, they are probably sheared off. Look into the holes in the receiver to verify that. If so, I would send it back to Benelli for warranty repair. Drilling tiny, broken screws from a hole in aluminum is a tough job and a disaster waiting to happen.

I've found that that ejector assembly is a weak spot on the SBE. When the ejector breaks, which it seems to do on a regular basis, removing the housing to replace it is a major PITA. Those two screws require a .050 allen wrench to remove and are locked in with some type of super tough thread locker. You have to apply heat while trying to break them loose. God help you if you round the hex off of the screws. I've cussed Benelli more than once for this design. If those screws need that much thread locker on them then, by God, use a bigger screw. The things they use would look more at home in a watch than a shotgun.

Oh, and as long as I'm complaining about Benelli, how about parts prices. The ejector housing (which they call "ejector case") costs $36.13, the two tiny screws are $6.74/ea., the ejector ("ejector plate") is $18.81. The coil spring is the real kicker. They want $13.63 for it.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote