Find
Notify
Tools

Vithavuori N133 substitute
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted
I try a substitutive powder for the N133. I had thought to Norma MRP?

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Norma MRP is much slower than N133 and will not be a good substitute. This burn rate chart gives approximate equivalents.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Gerard said, MRP is definitely not the alternative you are looking for.

It depends a bit on what cartridges you have been loading with N133. In many of the calibers where I use N133, N130 will work just (or almost) as well.

Since you are in Switzerland, you probably won't have the greatest selection of powders. Hodgdon has a pretty good importer (same as VV), so H322 or Benchmark (bit slower) might be other alternatives.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
...sorry my caliber is one .416 rem mag "wildcat" is: Brass 416 rem mag, bullet is 10.3 home made CNC 15,9 gramm, and wit's N133 y reloading wit 84 grain.

Member in Shooting Game "Tiro distretto Moesa" www.tirodicaccia.com and webmaster from www.scgroven.jimdo.com Smiler webmaster Hunting website www.mesolcina-caccia.com and fly fishing website www.mesolcinapam.jimdo.com on FB find Al Venza.

Posts: 339 | Location: Switzerland, Lostallo GR | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Norma RMP is like N165 or -170 Vihtavuori powders.
Try http://www.reloadersnest.com/rifle.asp.
What 416-wildcat do you have? Is your loading like "reduced load" coffee.

Posts: 171 | Location: Finland | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh man, I can't say my experience covers 10.3-416 Rem Mag wildcats... (if I understand you correctly?). My guess is that something like RL15 (or very close: RWS R903, Norma N203) would work well, but I'm not about to suggest load data...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Tank's Mike is 6 year y reloading this wildcat and N133 is the last perfect podwer wit the swiss dealer y have problem for shipping and y find one other substitute.

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K. W.:
Norma RMP is like N165 or -170 Vihtavuori powders.
Try http://www.reloadersnest.com/rifle.asp.
What 416-wildcat do you have? Is your loading like "reduced load" coffee.

My 416 wildcat is chamber 416 and bullet is in 10.51mm...and wit 84 grain N133 go to 910 meter pro second. Other Hunter making reloading wit Rottweil R903 in 86 grain, 10,3 gianmarchet Bullet, other info www.gian-marchet.ch.

Sorry for my english I speak Italian, German and French but the English misses me Frowner(

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gerard:
Norma MRP is much slower than N133 and will not be a good substitute. This burn rate chart gives approximate equivalents.

Tank's !!!

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
I would think MRP would be a good substitute for N-165 or N-170, but definitely not for N-133.

Honestly, I can't even imagine you are using N-133 for a .416 Remington-based "wildcat".

I would think H-322 or AA-2015 would be a much more similar substitute for N-133, when the area under the graphed pressure curve is compared at any particular peak pressure. But I still wouldn't personally choose either for a Rem .416 size case.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the size of the case is also what holds me back from seriously suggesting powders like H322 - which in small cases works very like N133. But in a case as large as this... I simply don't have the experience...

That is why I think RL15 - or near equivalents such as RWS R903 or Norma N203. Those powders work well in .375 H&H and .416 Rem - nicely framing your wildcat cartridge.

- mike

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
ok for norma 203 and the 202???

One of Us
Picture of WiNdTeCh
posted Hide Post
H322.... I promise....

Cooper .223 - Burris 8-32x50
JR Custom AR-15 - Burris 8-32x50 Mil-dot

Posts: 67 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 10 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
Tank's all!!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
I probe the Norma 202, in 85 gr and 86 gr 956 m/s this is result wit's my home made bullet in distance 110 meter:

My home made bullet 413.

The pressure is ok

The result and accuracy is very ok

One of Us
Picture of collani
posted Hide Post
Hi Massimo

Nice shooting.

Now some questions:
Did You measured the Bullet velocity with a Chrony? Otherwise I can't believe the velocity of over 950 m/s with a nearly 245 grainer bullet.

Did You measured the pressure (e.g. RUAG or DEVA) ?

Good shooting and good hunting
Collani

Gian Marchet Colani - the most famous mountain chamois hunter in the European Alps....

Posts: 118 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 06 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10,3x60R - This is a hijack but I recently bought a BRNO ZG47 in 8x60S from Switzerland. The rifle had been modified to a single shot (wood filler in mag box)

A bit of a tall order but can you tell me what area a rifle such as this would have been used in and what sort of game for?

One of Us
Picture of 10,3x60r
posted Hide Post
quote:
A bit of a tall order but can you tell me what area a rifle such as this would have been used in and what sort of game for?

8x60 are a good caliber for red stag, chamois, wild boars and ibex

Loading data and bullet plan