THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SOUTH AMERICAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  South American Big Game Hunting    The future of hunting in Argentina as they default
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The future of hunting in Argentina as they default
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted
What happens?

Hunts get cheaper, more expensive, or dangerous?

What happened the first time they went belly up?

https://finance.yahoo.com/news...talks-040805544.html

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Always this option. Big Grin

http://www.granma.cu/idiomas/i...i/23julio-brics.html

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Griz,

Interesting.

I wonder if motivated by greed and a new way for a few folks in each of the countries to enrich themselves or if motivated in order to diminish the USD as the world's reserve currency.

I am guessing both.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would guess neither.

I would also opine that hunting/fishing in Argentina will proceed as normal with no real monetary changes in dollar values.

I've been going to Argentina for over 30 years on and off, and the monetary problems have always been there, more or less. On one trip, the inflation in local currency was the highest in the world, in the 100s of percent a month. It made for some very cheap steaks in BA. OTOH, just after a change one time, the same steak, wine, etc that had cost about $10 the year before cost well over $50 the next. And worth it, I might add.

I probably have forgotten some, but we have changed dollars into, more or less in order, the peso, the new peso, the new new peso, the Austral and the new new new peso. Most of the time, the transition was made by taking the old currency, and loping 4 zeros off the value, in other words, if you were a millionaire in the old pesos, then your new net worth would be a hundred pesos. Many times the bank accounts were frozen. It killed the middle class.

The rich usually wound up better off in the long run, because they had the knowledge and connections to avoid the monetary traps and it shows that land is an enduring value, if you can keep it.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Gatogordo.
At this time , in my country , hunting and ownership of firearms and other implements is in peril. The problem is that we are governed by INCOMPETENTS , IDIOTS , MORONS , THIEVES , LEFTIST , GREENS , etc.
A new law project has been sent to the Legislative (senators and representants) by the Minister of the Interior. We already have a VERY restrictive Law of Firearms Control, but this time I think they have gone CRAZY...
WE MUST HAVE TO REGISTRATE : bows , crossbows , pellet rifles and pistols, hunting knifes ,even SLING SHOTS. Yes , sling shots, those we built when kids with a Y piece of branch and rubber from disposed tyre and went hunting throwing stones to birds and rabbits.
Yesterday , August 01, the Authority in charge of the permits to buy ammo due to a new rule, wont give the permit if you do not bring your used capsules(brass) . Go, figure searching for the elusive 22 brass or after firing a pistol.
Since last week , you need the same permit to buy PELLETS. Each permit takes time to obtain and cost money. For a box of 100 pellets costs $2.- , but now you have to add $2.50.- for the permit.
These type of leftist politicians only know to increase bureaucracy and rise taxes( they are debating a new TAX LAW, in an already heavy taxed country - ie.:VAT here is 19%, fuel has more than 50% tax,etc ,etc,)
When the military were running my country(they said it was a dictatorship) a working family man can have his firearms and nobody will bother him, as was my case.

Pulki.

Posts: 93 | Location: Santiago, Chile. | Registered: 13 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pulki:

I lived in your wonderful country for 2 years. It has been more than 20 years since I have been there.

I am ver sad to hear what you have said. Please feel welcome to come to the US and hunt with me, any time!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I would guess neither.

I would also opine that hunting/fishing in Argentina will proceed as normal with no real monetary changes in dollar values.

I've been going to Argentina for over 30 years on and off, and the monetary problems have always been there, more or less. On one trip, the inflation in local currency was the highest in the world, in the 100s of percent a month. It made for some very cheap steaks in BA. OTOH, just after a change one time, the same steak, wine, etc that had cost about $10 the year before cost well over $50 the next. And worth it, I might add.

I probably have forgotten some, but we have changed dollars into, more or less in order, the peso, the new peso, the new new peso, the Austral and the new new new peso. Most of the time, the transition was made by taking the old currency, and loping 4 zeros off the value, in other words, if you were a millionaire in the old pesos, then your new net worth would be a hundred pesos. Many times the bank accounts were frozen. It killed the middle class.

The rich usually wound up better off in the long run, because they had the knowledge and connections to avoid the monetary traps and it shows that land is an enduring value, if you can keep it.

Exactly. This circus the self called and intended queen is settling is just another financial and political speculation, arg bonds and stocks are jumping and dumping everyday... imagine what a feast to a few well placed guys with inside information ...

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jason. Really appreciate your offer.
Pulki.

Posts: 93 | Location: Santiago, Chile. | Registered: 13 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Nothing happens here ,hunting is cheap and we can shoot 4000shells i a day and have as many guns as we want ....

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote