Notify
Tools

Any one with contacts in Nicaragua?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted
Curious about the earthquake damage.
I worry about the delightful people down there.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
I am in contact with our office down there. All our people are fine. Like all natural disasters, the less fortunate communities are normally hit the hardest.

Commo is still difficult but I got through easily today.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Larry;
Thanks.
Chinendega is the area that we hunt in. Richard and his brother are hard working good people.
I was worried about them

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't worry, just tell them what you said you'd tell your kids if they wanted/needed to come back home, "Starvation is Inspiration." Eeker

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
I wouldn't worry, just tell them what you said you'd tell your kids if they wanted/needed to come back home, "Starvation is Inspiration." Eeker

Fat Cat
You been drinking again?
Actually the quote is 'Starvation is inspiraional'

Jim

one of us
posted Hide Post
It wasn't inspirational enough to remember the exact wording.

However, I find your concern interesting if not touching, given that you would NOT let your own children move back home under the same circumstances.

Let the people of Nicaragua starve for a while, that'll inspire 'em, is your message.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gatogordo:
It wasn't inspirational enough to remember the exact wording.

You may find drinking to excess causes memory lapses.

However, I find your concern interesting if not touching, given that you would NOT let your own children move back home under the same circumstances.

No that's not the case at all. If there is some sort of natural disaster, civil war, etc of course they can come to my house.

Losing their job and not being prepared. Getting fired without back up. That's their problem. The grand kids should stay with me and continue school

Let the people of Nicaragua starve for a while, that'll inspire 'em, is your message.

Actually I think a bit of nova cane, a pair of snippers and whole sale vasectomies would go a long way.