Find
Notify
Tools

Heading to Argentina
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Tomorrow I fly back to south america for another 8 day trip to hunt ducks, doves, pigeons and perdiz.

As much as I love African wingshooting, the Argentinean trip is a great week that I am really excited about.

I'll post pics on my return and some on my FB page whilst there.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the rifle mess and other mess of going to Africa was going to make me wish I had gone to Argentina and gone for all those birds.

Now your post is going to make me growl. Wink

One of my buddies that has gone to Argentina before too is trying to talk me in to just duck and perdiz.

Posts: 1440 | Location: Houston, Texas USA | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Tex,

Drop me an email next week and I'll send you some pics. Argentina and Africa are two completely different hunts that are great on their own merits.

Guns should not be too much trouble in Africa.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
Agreed. I don't take my shotguns there. You shoot so much that you'll be accustomed to a loaner and don't have to worry about beating up your guns. That being said, most outfitters great guns to rent. I've had very few failures, but there's always a gun at hand to grab in less than a minute.

I'm headed down for a month in 10 days. Not all hunting, but getting away. It's a great place to do so.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3433 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Taking guns to Africa is ten times easier than taking guns to Argentina. The hassle factor is much higher in Argentina, and the system, such that it is, seems designed purely to hassle hunters and discourage their return.

I just came through BA, and spent 3 hours getting a stamp on a form, after receiving local gun clearing help, etc. Was told I was one of the lucky ones, and faster than most.

There were no problems, just a lot of waiting and walking back and forth until the final stamp was applied to the paperwork. Made Africa seem like a breeze.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, that sucks.

I have been about 15 times and have never had anything like that happen . I was just there in January. It takes me about 15 minutes.

Posts: 11959 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Very easy solved you need to be in the airport waiting for the clients and clearing his guns while hes drinking a beer or coffe .We have rifles and shotguns of every caliber too .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote