Notify
Tools

Some easy cook-un!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted
This is my first post in this section.
I had my annual "Tales of the Hunt" party last weekend and thought I would share how I prepared the wild game dishes.
Whitetail roast: I placed the roast in the crockpot and poured in a can of chicken broth and a few slices of onion and a few pods of garlic. I cocked it all night on low and then turned it to high in the morning, for 3 more hours.
Elk roast: I injected liquid smoke and slid garlic slices into a few cuts. I then marinated it over night with it wrapped in plastic wrap. It then cocked at 325 all night, covered.
Moose roast: Marinated all night in 50/50 BBQ sause and water then wrapped in bacon and cooked like the Elk roast. The next morning I smoked it for 2 hours with mesquite.
Moose steaks, BIG moose steaks, about 1 inch thick.: They were marinated in a can of Coke all night, with , yes,,,,,,......garlic and onion. I took them out of the marinade and cooked in the 50/50 BBQ and water for 3 hours at 350, covered.
I cooled all the meat and sliced about 3/4 thick and placed in a foil pan. I poured the juices of each onto them and warmed before the dinning started.
All were served with beans, dirty rice, slaw and hot bread. There wasnt much left. That could have been caused by the mass quantity of cold beer that had been consumed though.....
These dishes were really simple and took very little prep time. If you try them I hope you enjoy!

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sound delicious and easy to prepare, sound like great camp dishes

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote