Tools

Wish You Were Here
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tacos

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I wish I was too + I would bring my daughter- in law who is from Mexico City + the best cook one can imagine. Her salsa, guac, etc. is to die for. She is the hit at every family dining. And unlike some primadonnas, she isists on cleaning up the kitchen afterwards as well as boxing up leftovers for everyone. She's a real sweetheart.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
A good wife is worth her weight in gold!

We have a summer house in a small place in North Sweden.

When we are there, most friends have dinner either at our place or one of our neighbors who is about 1 kilometer away.

My wife and his would not have it any other way.

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Love to be there.
Where's the Photo Forum?

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of nvmichael
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Smiler

Posts: 1071 | Location: NV | Registered: 27 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed the camels by drone.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have friends coming over tonight.

They asked for Mexican! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
2020 Please treat them right. THere is a similarity but a great difference in Mexican + Tex-Mex cooking. Both good, just different. I prefer the Tex-Mex, but then I would, unless my daughter-in -law from Mexico City is cooking, then I love everything that she cooks.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Here in New Mexico (thought it is sadly changing) there is a way to do New Mexican food that is very different than Tex-Mex, California Mexican or Mexican foods from other states in Mexico.

Mostly having to do with the New Mexican varieties of green chilie (mostly the Big Jim).

I am allergic and I do not like the taste of fresh coriander/cilantro. Until recently you never saw Mexican food here in New Mexico that had cilantro.

A very large group of Mexican immigrants have brought their own versions of Mexican food here and for the most part it isn't as good.

Though the street tacos here are to die for.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You got a point there judge. I have found many times that the best ethnic foods can be found when you go "slumming" + not in the restaurants.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Non of the recipes we cook are from anywhere.

We just take the idea and cook it as we prefer.

Friends are coming over this evening and they asked for steak.

I prefer ribeye, but for them we are preparing wagio steaks.

Too fatty for my taste.

I made a marinade of soy sauce, crushed garlic, black pepper and little bit of tomatoe sauce.

Garlic butter will be used for brushing on as they cook.

Baked potato, onion and tomato salad, rice, cord on the cop.

Desert is vanilla ice cream and berries.

This one is a winner.

Each time we do something else, someone complains.

No one complains of this one!