Find
Notify
Tools

Baked squash.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted
I have been making this for years + as it is so simple I never thought about sharing the recipe. Actually, I'm making it tonight which gave me the thought. Acorn squash cut in half. Scoop out the seeds (fry them later if you want). Put a pat of butter in the hollow, a little bit of water, a tablespoon of Orange Marmalade, Brown sugar, liberally spread cinnamon, + pecan pieces. I hour @ 350. It goes well with twice baked potatoes + either pork or chicken. I'm doing the baked chicken tonight with Mo's sauce.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2 Damn, that sounds sooooooo good! I love squash! tu2

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Randy, Mom baked this a lot, but just used brown sugar and butter. Pretty darned good for three growing boys.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16368 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, it is SOOO good + couldn't be any easier to make. Besides, we know how well the chicken goes with Mo's sauce.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
When I am being lazy I just poke a hole or two in one (so they do not case loud surprises) throw it in the oven and bake.
Either sget flesh out to a serving plate, or as we do, scoop directly on to ort plate and add, sugar, cinnamon, butter or salt as preferred.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the early 70s, I had a good friend (90+ plus now) that I used to go out on camping trips into the wilds of the Hill Country. We loved the outdoors + it was always a case to smoke a pipe or 2 around the campfire. Don't let your mind go there. I smoked a Burlish LataKia + Tibb just smoked Sir Walter Raleigh. Only tobacco in our camp. One night before we rolled in to our fart sacks he says I have a recipe for baked apple for breakfast. So we wrap this huge apple in tin foil + put it in the coals so when morning comes + the camp coffee pot is going, breakfast will be ready. Well, I got the coffee going + Tibb went to fetch our apple "breakfast" out of the coals. What we got was a globre of tin foil in the shape of an apple. In all our wisdom that an apple is 99% water + thus our breakfast had just literally evaporated. We (hopefully) learn from our mistakes. I never tried that one again. In passing, I must say that the camp coffee + the friendship was still good + really the utmost part of a camping trip.