Find
Notify
Tools

Make mine a bowl of Menudo
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
custom bolt,

Forgive my rudness for no reply, just got passed me! but I would not eat all that shit, remember my friend an egg comes out of a chicken ass and of course smells like a fart! and would you please tell me what a fart taste like??? rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
John, I guess your last menudo just didn't have enough chili pepper in it. Wink

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Now your pushing the limit pal.
hammering
On a more serious note .... I'm sure many a low income families filled their bellies with menudo, turkey neck, pig stomach, chicken feet, maybe even lung and tongue and were happy to have something to eat. God bless 'em.

quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
custom bolt,

Forgive my rudness for no reply, just got passed me! but I would not eat all that shit, remember my friend an egg comes out of a chicken ass and of course smells like a fart! and would you please tell me what a fart taste like??? rotflmo

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! A dear friend of mine is a Methosist minister who also happens to be an avid hunter. When he shoots hogs he knows where the folks there in town who need food + makes care pkg. deliveries. The whole hog; those mamasitas know how to get every bit of meat off a hog.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Good deal.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The dive convenience store where I buy my Copenhagen recently opened a little lunch counter. It's frequented by a lot of hispanic workers. I noticed they had menudo on the menu. I'll have to try it.

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
custombolt,

You really shouldn't knock tongue. Buffalo tongue (or beef stateside) is one of my favorites!

Posts: 10008 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet their menudo is good. I have found that the most out of the way eateries serve the best in ethnic cooking.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Same Norman. I'm sure most of the places where I used to buy barbacoa, or cabrito, or tamales, or street tacos wouldn't have come close to passing the Health Codes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Indeed! In my college days I frequented a place called Ramgro, (Ramerez Grocery) in brown town that had the best food bar + you NEVER saw any gringos in there except me + Conrad. "Health codes? We don't need no stinking health codes."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
John, I guess your last menudo just didn't have enough chili pepper in it. Wink

no. it had too much menudo in it!

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
The dive convenience store where I buy my Copenhagen recently opened a little lunch counter. It's frequented by a lot of hispanic workers. I noticed they had menudo on the menu. I'll have to try it.

please let us know when you try the menudo. and make sure its not just posole. stock up on TP while you are there. and tums. and a tongue scraper.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
John C

sissy ! jumping

i'm what you call a discriminating diner. i refuse to eat a skid marked rubbery shit chute.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
lavaca. I might sample some bison tongue someday. Maybe moose tongue.
I have tried stuffed pig stomach once and it was delicious filled with pork, onions and potatoes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tongue is the best. You absolutely will love it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't care for tongue, liver, kidneys or brains for your information,whoever Im talking to??

I ate Mt. Lion backstraps fried and it was good, but had to get past the mental aspect..Javalina is good if young and not from the Big bend of Texas and been eating dagger plants, it gets pretty strong, its good in and around Del Rio??? Bob cat is not bad, but I wont eat opossum, coon, ringtails Badger or the ass out of a skunk often or without Pico de Gallo anyway, it makes anything good. We call it "Chili" made from Jalapenos tomato onions garlic etc..

But Menudo is one of my favorite Mexican meals, guess its an acquired taste. Kid goat fried in thumb size chunks in cornmeal is awesome as well as bar b qued over mesquite coals, gotta try that someday with deer meat..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Had possum pot pie with thick homemade noodles as a young adult once. I was very hungry. The flavor wasn't bad the first few bites. Then the numerous fat lumps & undercooked noodles together just ruined it. Maybe it was coon. Been several decades.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have cooked possum + coon back in the day, primarily just to do it, + see how it was; also did dog once; this was a kind of prerequisite in the survivalist playbook, worth a try. Yes, I can eat it + make it taste OK, but I still would rather have a steak. Big Grin

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Aiy Chihuahua. Joo ate Fido? Chame on you mang. Just foolin'. I think I'd have to be pretty hungry to eat Pepe Le pooch.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I was inspired by Paul Newman in "Hombre" when that sophisticated white woman was talking about those "filthy Indians" eating dogs, + he says, "You ever been hungry, Lady?" I did have a friend at the end of the cook off wanting some to go + asked if I had a doggie bag. Big Grin

Posts: 4204 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Don’t eat liver, kidney, guts or balls. Never been that hungry……. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Custombolt,
No re-ply from me cuz based on your post, Im still wondering what a fart taste like, care to describe such an experience, you won the blog with that claim!! jumping yeehaww!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

How do you like your eggs and sausage (where the turds came outa the sausage skin?

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago when my boys were still young, we went down to the local roping arena where we were doing "a Fry" after all the local ranchers had been cutting their calves, + there were several ice chests full. They were battered in corn meal, salt + pepper + deep-fried in a cast iron cauldron. Damned fine eating, BTW. At some point, my youngest son came up to me + asked me what they were eating. I told him Mountain Oysters, + said, "Oh, good, Jake told me we were eating calf nuts."

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cudtombolt.
That post wherein you called out my name and added a cornucopia of bad ass food stuffs, shamed me into a retreat, it was over the top for my tastebuds!!

You win! jumping barf

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hip, liver is damned good, but you need to know how to remove the gall 1st, otherwise it's bitter. When you take out the liver, look for a little green sack + cut it out WITHOUT PUNCTURING IT, + your liver will be the best you ever tasted. Bread the liver in bread crumbs, slice onions, + sauté in oil until the blood is just starting to stop the flow. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes. It truly is damned fine eating.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The salvation of liver is cooked onions and lots of ketchup! Big Grin

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Hell no! NO KETCHUP Mad

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Liver + onions fried in cornmeal, yes. Ketchup, HELL NO!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
It customary for folks at a branding to toss the calf fries on the mesquite coals goes with lots of salt and pepper.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Years ago when my boys were little, we went to a fry at the roping arena. My youngest came up to me + whispered, what are we eating? I told him mountain oysters + he said, Oh, good, my brother said they were bull nuts.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norman Conquest:
Years ago when my boys were little, we went to a fry at the roping arena. My youngest came up to me + whispered, what are we eating? I told him mountain oysters + he said, Oh, good, my brother said they were bull nuts.

Melts in your mouth----Not in your hands! Big Grin

Hip

Posts: 1823 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

It's not often I agree with Jerry. On this topic ...

tu2

Tripe ... barf

That said, I'd eat that before owning a Blaser!

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are missing out.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sorry Ray, I missed these last couple posts from way back. Anything that smells like a fart is going to taste about the same I would imagine. Perhaps a person that experiences a cranial/anal inversion would know for sure. Not that anyone on this site is guilty of the same.
Glad ya got a hoot out of it.

quote:
Cudtombolt.
That post wherein you called out my name and added a cornucopia of bad ass food stuffs, shamed me into a retreat, it was over the top for my tastebuds!!

You win! jumping barf

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Chicken livers!
Mom used to make them in a black iron pan with bacon and onions. Tasted great & a helluva lot better than her cooked til it was dry beef liver.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like those chicken livers battered + deep fryed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I wont eat chicken livers, to start with a chicken is the nastiest creature on earth..plus they are Canabals

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
At a branding toss the raw nuts on the hot coals (mesquit) until they pop open and look like a white rose, add salt and black pepper scrap the rose out and toss the tissue skin...very tasty in deed, remember meat is meat..round steak lines a cows asshole!!

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120