New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buckshot loads for Remington
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got a bunch of the Remington SP hulls and can't seem to find any load data for them. These were all loaded with 00buck, low recoil. I would like to reload these with 00buck again. Anyone know any loads for these? Or a reloading manual that actually has these?
Thanks in advance.

*Life is hard, but it's harder if you're stupid*

Posts: 80 | Location: Paha Sapa, SD | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see it's your first post.

Welcome to the Accuratereloading Forums.

You can find some data for loading buckshot by going to www.hodgdon.com and clicking on the link for loading data, then going to data for shotgun shells and following the prompts.

You may not find buckshot loads specifically for Remington hulls there.

The Lyman Shotshell Reloading Handbook, 5th Edition, contains some data for buckshot loading.

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another thing you might do is call either Hodgdon or Remington directly, and ask about data for loading these Remington Hulls with buckshot.

"How's that whole 'hopey-changey' thing working out for ya?"

Posts: 5883 | Location: People's Republic of Maryland | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Already tried to Hodgdon site, guess I'll grab a few more shotgun reloading manuals and go from there.

Posts: 80 | Location: Paha Sapa, SD | Registered: 12 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich, would you consider using a different different hull?

For example..... there is WAY more data available for the Winchester compression formed AA than the old Remington SP.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought Lyman's 5th edition of shotshell reloading and its GREAT! I found my shells, with quite a few loads for em. Best 20 bucks I've spent in awhile.