Find
Notify
Tools

New press
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here I am again
I receive the dl 366 and really it have a lot of use, but really changing the basic things maybe it will work.
But.. really I am thinking in sell it at a very good price for a shooting club and buy a new one.
What progressive press you think is the best of all.
What do you think about the Dillon ?
I saw it in the catalog and think that maybe is to much with all those electric feeders .
Well I wait for your recommendations .
Best regards

Posts: 102 | Location: Catrilo La Pampa-Argentina | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I have 4 DL 366 presses (12, 20, 28 ga & .410). I've had the 12 ga one for over 35 years. I used to load about 10,000 shells per year on then, but I only load about half that now.

There are better (and more expensive) presses on the market, but my 366's work fine for me.

Once you get it set up it's pretty trouble free.

I have all of mine set up for loading old style Win AA shells, and I ONLY load those shells. Loading different shells, including the new style AA's, require adjustments.

I also modified my older presses so that they all have the auto indexing and powder/shot shutoffs and powder tube baffles.

I also modified the presses to allow me to remove a shell at the shot drop position, as sometimes (especially on very used shells) the wad will not go in properly. I also blocked the shell drop at the last station.

Get some extra wad guide fingers and primer tube stopper as these plastic parts will break.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
buffybr
Where do you buy the spare parts that in this press are worn , also I want some new wad guide fingers and crimp starters.
In hornady they don't sell spare parts other than crimp starters and wad fingers

Posts: 102 | Location: Catrilo La Pampa-Argentina | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
gtrotz
Wow! These presses have more than tripled in cost since I bought mine.

Midway.com, gamaliel.com, and gunaccessories.com sell wad fingers, crimp starters, and a few other items.

I read somewhere that Hornady reloading tools were warranted for the life of the product. I also read that Hornady will re-build their presses. Do a Google search for "Hornady 366."

About the only thing that broke on my reloaders was the "indexing finger" that turns the shell holder, and I made a new one myself.

What parts are worn out on yours?

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote