Find
Notify
Tools

2001 Dodge 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with Cummins diesel 4wd extended cab 5 spd manual with 69k original miles. Never had a wrench on it except for maintenance. Has lived inside all it's life except while being used.

Have heard these trucks have value. Anyone got an idea how much they are worth?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it is as clean as your post indicates it would be worth about $10,500 trade-in, or about $13,000 outright. Are you wanting to sell it?

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1187 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I buy it for 13k.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yes...I am contemplating selling it...depending on what I can get for it.

It is as clean as described.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I will post pics of it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
KBB.com says it might be worth $21,000. I seen similar sell for $19,000.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with Cummins diesel 4wd extended cab 5 spd manual with 69k original miles. Never had a wrench on it except for maintenance. Has lived inside all it's life except while being used.

That's really low mileage for a Cummins and a new one is $45k, last I heard. I wouldn't let it go for $13k, if I had it.

Mine is a 1993 with 262k miles, not for sale.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14372 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

That's really low mileage for a Cummins and a new one is $45k, last I heard. I wouldn't let it go for $13k, if I had it.

Mine is a 1993 with 262k miles, not for sale.

Not going to let it go for $13K cause already have some standing offers locally for $16K.

I think if I get to the right people...I can approach the $20K mark.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
FWIW----My son just bought an 06, 3500, Big Horn with 40k on the odometer. Had to replace the trany due to incorrect chip program from the previous owner. He put in a new chip and upgraded trans ( auto ) and has about 38k in it now. Truck runs like a raped ape with no smoke, and has two settings to go. Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 94 | Location: South Eastern PA | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote