THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    And You Thought The Performance Station Wagon Was Dead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And You Thought The Performance Station Wagon Was Dead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Then Audi announces the next edition to their the performance wagon lineage - The 591 horsepower, 590 pound-feet of torque, eight-speed automatic, all-wheel drive, 0-60 in 3.6 second, top speed 190 mph RS6 Avant wagon.

https://www.thedrive.com/new-c...view-wagon-ber-alles

Looks like a fun grocery getter.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Looks like any one of a number of SUVs. What makes it a station wagon?

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What makes it a station wagon

Lower than an SUV. Same front end as a regular car. Station wagons (or shooting brake) have been around a long time. Perhaps their day is over with the advent of the SUV.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
When I was in Hungary in 2015 I saw more wagons than SUVs.

Posts: 6348 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Rented a dodge magnum a few years back, I could barely get in and out of the thing (same for a 2019 300 today, I'm 6'1")

Posts: 6348 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
I saw something not too long ago, where a fella found a loophole in Fords trim packages, and ordered a Ford Country Squire with 427, 4 speed, and bucket fronts. Talk about a hot rod wagon!

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last Ford Country Squire rolled off the line 30 years ago. Probably was somewhat quick by 1980's standards but wouldn't exactly be a performance monster today. The quickest vehicle in the 1980's was the 1989 Corvette ZR-1 with a 4.5 second 0-60. All it would see of the 2020 Audi station waggon is its pretty taillights.

Not sure you could cut enough metal off the Country Squire to get to a power to weight ratio of most modern vehicles. Those things were HUGE.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My son's CTS/V wagon was a 4.3 0-60 before the tuning. Probably closer to 3.5 now. It is scary fast for a daily driver.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
'Vette power optioned SUV from Saab.

A Saab? Yup.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
'Vette power optioned SUV from Saab.

A Saab? Yup.

It is still a Slob!

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually it was a Chevy Trailblazer SS, just not as pretty...

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sure made me take a double take. Local repair shop owner has one.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how is it in the snow?

Posts: 4954 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably about as good as it is towing a bulldozer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
LMAO.. chuckle

Posts: 4954 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some Audi’s I have looked at you would have a hard or impossible time fitting a full length gun case across ways.

Wonder how this one is?

DRSS

Posts: 1890 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
With a starting price of $113,000 it will make for one expensive gun carrier, but you will get where you're wanting to go quickly enough...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by model7LSS:
I saw something not too long ago, where a fella found a loophole in Fords trim packages, and ordered a Ford Country Squire with 427, 4 speed, and bucket fronts. Talk about a hot rod wagon!

Then there was E. J. Potter, with an Allison aircraft engine wedged into a Dodge Dart station wagon...

https://www.macsmotorcitygarag...membering-ej-potter/

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14322 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only thing holding me back from owning and driving one of these is the $110,000 sticker price! I should have been born rich instead of being so darn good looking. Whistling

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1185 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, it's a little out there.

Better to buy a Jeep TrackHawk and have some spare cash left over. Plus it's a tenth of a second quicker to 60. Cool