THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    And You Thought The Performance Station Wagon Was Dead
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And You Thought The Performance Station Wagon Was Dead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Yep, it's a little out there.

Better to buy a Jeep TrackHawk and have some spare cash left over. Plus it's a tenth of a second quicker to 60. Cool

Spare cash to keep it on the road. Fiat Jeep, not for me.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has a better reliability score than Audi which ranks 28th out of 32 for all car brands.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
What are you currently driving Butch?

quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

Better to buy a Jeep TrackHawk and have some spare cash left over. Plus it's a tenth of a second quicker to 60. Cool

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Damn. Who's in last place? Mitsubishi?

quote:
Funny, the Jeep Grand Cherokee has a better reliability score than Audi which ranks 28th out of 32 for all car brands.

Posts: 5077 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maserati

Shocker...

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Not really. My next choice would have been a Fisker. Battery packs had issues then their supplier went out.
Just got home from Alexandria, VA. OK, so I settled a little. 2017 AMG GLE43 with P2. No package 3, missing the Distronic. Nice crack from the turbos. CPO vehicle. New Perelli's are as I expected, shaky and a little firm.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My brother in law has an earlier generation RS4 and its bonkers. Its very fast and sticks and goes round corners and doesn’t even twitch. God alone knows how fast you have to be going to loose it. Put it like this he thinks nothing of taking a Tornado flat out at 200ft but he has yet to take the RS4 flat out through a corner.

And yet you can load it up with skis and all the gear and head down to the Alps. As regards Snow - a set of winter tyres - no issue. I have been doing best part of 100mph on German Autobahn in winter, with snow on the road but with winter tyres. Fast mercs and audis and coming past doing 130 mph plus -no speed limits and all fully laden for the ski slopes.

I have an A4 Allroad - quieter, more comfortable and good handling but not nearly as quick acceleration. But I do get 500 miles to the tank. When Tim goes on a fast road trip he hAs to fill up every 200 odd miles!

Posts: 977 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is the RS6 Avant even going to be available in the States?

Tim

Posts: 38 | Location: Houston | Registered: 28 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From Audi USA - https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs6-avant-preview

So seems it will be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:
What are you currently driving Butch?

quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:

I'm not the local bond holder, si I have a Toyota Corolla, GMC 4dr, 4wd, and Duramax, and the wife has a Hyundai Genesis. They do what they are designed to do and dependable.
Being a car guy, I've had a lot of fast vehicles in the old days. Maybe my ego now allows me to drive practical vehicles without worrying about what my neighbors think.

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote