THE ACCURATE RELOADING CLASSIC AND SPORTS CAR FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classic And Sports Cars    Bronco II is here --- How about those Cayman's?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bronco II is here --- How about those Cayman's?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Yeah. 0-60 times get too much credit. Same with horsepower. I wonder how many people don't know that the HP rating on any car is the maximum harsepower. Torque doesn't get enough attention from the general public.
We now return to our regularly scheduled program. Smiler"

I grew up on big block cars from GM, mostly Olds. Torque is far more fun to drive than HP, in my book.

Posts: 15865 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went for torque on my Mach 1. Just a street fun old car.

Posts: 1572 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Looks like a big block torque curve. Nice. That'll stretch your cheeks a bit.
I wish I had chassis dyno-ed the 347 I had in the '66 fastback. Always wondered how long the torque climb was on that engine and what the difference between 32 total timing and 40 total would have been. Ah well.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Welll......the '89 Bronco came with numerous problems and was sold after lots of rust/steel work, paint work (local shop botched the hood paint terribly. So I stripped to bare metal and did it myself to 99% perfection) and a tune up, oil leaks etc. Actually made a little bit on it not including a dime my time.
Bought a 2000 Boxster S through a Bring A Trailer auction. Gezzis crackers! Worst car ever and most dishonest dealer ever. I'll end up losing $5,000 minimum. It was my fault for not sending Lemon Squad to look at it first. That's gonna sting a bit. Oh well. So, how was your day, month or year with cool cars? CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5099 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote