New
Find
Notify
Tools

Used BMW's?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
BMW's do not seem to hold their value very well. I see fairly recent, used 750's at what seems to be a very reasonable price. What would I be getting into if I got one?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Buddy has a shop, we were just talking about BMW 750's today, he said stay away from 2010-2015 750's with high mileage (75k) the injectors are junk by then. That was a Beemer rep quote.

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never had a 7 series, but I was very happy with the 3 year old 5 series I bought under the BMW Certified program. While I had that car, it needed valve timing work and a new battery, both taken care of at no cost to me.

Posts: 78 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 11 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Audi, BMW and Mercedes are all expensive to maintain. Seems each has an Achilles' heel that makes one model or another particularly expensive to service. Before buying any model year, you should go to the popular discussion forums for that model and talk with other folks with that model. You generally get the straight scoop and it pays to know the problem parts when negotiating for a used car.

Another very useful tool is to go to RockAuto.com and look up the year and model that you are interested in. RockAuto provides Pattern Failure tracking that will indicate the parts most likely to fail on your model year. They also have maintenance calculators that are invaluable when searching for a new used car.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote