New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a new “unique" daily driver.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hopefully the photos show for non members of this forum. Most car enthusiasts know nothing about this car.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/...ew-daily-driver.html

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Nice, I thought they stopped making that car. RWD? made in Australia. G8 ish

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a Holden Commondore made in Aussie. Rebadged as a SS sedan. RWD, Corvette LS3 motor under the hood, 6 speed auto. Heads up display, 415 hp/415 torque

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like loads of fun!
Is this the same as the GTO of a few years ago? Or a similar idea on a different platform ?
Thanks

Posts: 372 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! I have never heard of this! But, 14 mpg for a daily driver??!! And a pushrod V8 as well? Still, tempted, but what about maintenance and parts issues?
Might look into it again at year end though!!!! Love the performance.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,
I believe the last one was built in April. GM never really advertised these and they flew under the radar. Not concerned about parts as the motor is an LS3 and they built a ton. Same basic motor that came in all C6 Corvettes. So it is also has a huge amount of aftermarket support. Not much for maintence, change the oil and filters and eventually plugs and such.
14 mpg? Most owners report 16-18 city driving unless they are running it hard. I love the car for being a sleeper. No one will see it coming. A 4 door sedan that looks like your average grocery getter but it will run 4.7 0-60 and a 13 sec 1/4 and pull .95 on the skid pad. Plus the 4 wheel Brembo disc brakes will pull it to a stop fast.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe, agreed! Looks like they did this one right!
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote