Find
Notify
Tools

Radar Detectors
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
eezrider, True on the toll roads + I45 here is no different but on I30 the speed stays the same but with no lighting, there are frequent serious collisions with hogs on the hwy. Their eyes don't shine in the dark + when you hit a black 300 lb. sow doing 90, guess what?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe there are some cell phone apps that do a pretty good job of informing you of speed traps,cops, etc.
C.G.B.

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Further to the above, I have found that the Waze app is a great speed trap warning system.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13387 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
A buddy told me this story about when he was a kid + their family was on a road trip vacation (50s- early 60s). Seems this cop was hiding behind a billboard as a speed trap. Well he pulled Craig's dad over + started to give him a ticket + his dad wasn't having any of it. He starts screaming at the cop that if he wanted to set up a speed trap then he needed to be out in the open + not sculking behind a billboard, etc. ad nauseum, getting louder all the time. As Craig told it, it became apparent to the cop that his only 2 choices were to shoot him or let him go. He let them go. As Craig told me later after his fathers death he found out more about him that he never talked about; in WW2 he was a Marine Raider in the Pacific + was prone to easy aggrevation.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote