THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    I just have to gloat a bit
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just have to gloat a bit
 Login/Join

posted
Read it and weep, Red Sox Nation!

The Red Sox' season is over.

The "best team on paper at the beginning of the season" failed to make the playoffs, turning in an absolutely awful September.

DH David Ortiz, closer Jonathan Papelbon and right fielder J.D. Drew will likely be playing elsewhere next season (Ortiz and Papelbon to the Yankees?). Bard may be jettisoned. Francona may be fired. Epstein may be fired.

The weakest Yankees team in years took the division (again), and regardless of what happens in the playoffs will still have made it. Unlike your team. Razzer

Grorge

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
I am rooting for the Rays and the Dbacks. I would just love to see all that money wasted between the Phils and the Yankees.

If you add up the salaries of the Dbacks and the Rays they still are only one half of the Phillies payroll, not to mention the Wankees and the Red Sucks

Gator

A Proud Member of the Obamanation

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."
Ecclesiastes 10:2

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Don't be a hater, Gator! Big Grin

Just because the Rays won't pay anyone and had the benefit of excellent drafting positions due to years and years (and years) of finishing last is no reason to root for them. rotflmo

BTW, you forgot to mention the Rangers' payroll at $91M is more than twice that of the Rays ' $41M.

yankees
George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of keithv35
posted Hide Post
Dang George!

These are the only posts by you I don't enjoy....its been awhile since I've been on here and now to add insult to injury, you've moved to my hometown adding another Yankee fan here!!

Unlike lot's of BoSox fans, I'm not a Yankee hater (except for A-Rod...thats a given). The only thing I can say is we were consistant this year....starting off 2 and 10 and ending about 4 and 18, good times Wink

BTW welcome to Vegas....I can live with another Yankee fan, but if you brought east coast liberal politics with you feel free to keep quiet!

Keith

Posts: 350 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Don't be a hater, Gator! Big Grin

Just because the Rays won't pay anyone and had the benefit of excellent drafting positions due to years and years (and years) of finishing last is no reason to root for them. rotflmo

BTW, you forgot to mention the Rangers' payroll at $91M is more than twice that of the Rays ' $41M.

yankees
George

But George it is. How else can I see hope for the Mariners?

Gator

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left."

"There are some ideas so absurd that only an intellectual could believe them." George Orwell

Posts: 2753 | Location: Climbing the Mountains of Liberal BS. | Registered: 31 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Keith,

Thank you for the welcome to LV. No liberal politics for me; I'm a staunch libertarian with conservative leanings.

BTW, I don't like west coast liberal thinking, either. Big Grin

Gator,

The Mariners will trade Felix Hernandez to the Yankees for AJ Burnett (with the Yanks picking up at least half his contract) plus Phil Hughes (and some minor leaguers). wave

You heard it here first.

George

one of us
Picture of Gator1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Keith,

Thank you for the welcome to LV. No liberal politics for me; I'm a staunch libertarian with conservative leanings.

BTW, I don't like west coast liberal thinking, either. Big Grin

Gator,

The Mariners will trade Felix Hernandez to the Yankees for AJ Burnett (with the Yanks picking up at least half his contract) plus Phil Hughes (and some minor leaguers). wave

You heard it here first.

George

They may trade Felix but not for any pitchers the Yankees have. The Mariners are overflowing with pitchers. They need good bats. Robinson Cano and a few minor leaguers maybe.

Gator

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
How's that gloating thing going for you Yankee fans? Look at the bright side; now Yank and Bosox fans can starting arguing about next year.

The Cardinals and the Tigers apparently didn't get the memo (about east coast teams being superior).

Let the excuses begin! I'm sure A-Rod can hit that pitch next year (for a few million dollars more!).

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Matt, behave yourself.

The Tigers have won four World Series. They hope to win some years.

The Yankees have won twenty-seven World Series. They expect to win every year.

George

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Now that is funny George....a Yankee fan telling somebody else to 'behave yourself'.

Thanks for the giggle!

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Well, every twenty-seven years or so, someone has to remind you Michiganders to behave themselves. You get uppity. Big Grin

George

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
The hook is well set and it's tail-walking!

(Ain't fishing for Yankee fans fun! They put up such a fight particularly on light tackle)

posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets see-

Who won the AL Championship?

Oh yeah--The RANGERS

dancing

Y'all have fun with A-Rod he can wreck any clubhouse.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The Yankees failed to drive in runners in scoring position.

Granderson hit .250.
Jeter hit .250.
Swisher hit .211.
Martin hit .176.
Teixeira hit .167.
Rodriguez hit .111.

In the five games, the Yankees:
Won by 6.
Lost by 2.
Lost by 1.
Won by 9.
Lost by 1.

One timely hit in any of those three losses, and they would have advanced.

As weak a team as the Yankees had this season, they almost made it to the ALCS.

As someone who follows the Yankees, there was never any trouble with A-Rod (other than injuries).

You may hate him, but his numbers spoke for themselves.

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
George

Never said I hated him

When he was here with the Rangers he was an arrogant selfish ass. One hell of a ballplayer but not good in the clubhouse.

Grins-yeah if the yankees had scored more runs they would have won their serie

and so would the redsocks and ever-one else.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And now boys & girls, the NL team with the most trips to the Fall Classic (18) and the most WS titles (10). That would be my beloved St Louis Cardinals. Appearing tomorrow evening at a ball park in Arlington, Texas. Be sitting in front of my new 65 inch HD Vizio (American Made by the way) with a full bottle of Amarula and a large plate of tamales, smothered in good Mex-Tex chili.

That will be a couple of hours after my BCS Ranked #5 Boise State University Broncos put a 50+ point whipping on AFA.

life is good here...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote