THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BASEBALL FORUM

I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Sports  Hop To Forums  Baseball    Can the Twins Beat the Yanks this year in the playoffs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can the Twins Beat the Yanks this year in the playoffs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
what do you think?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not if they have to play Boston, Tampa, or Texas 1st.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anything is possible. Whether it is likely is another story.

If the Yankee offense goes to sleep, and if the pitching falters, the Yankees can be beaten.

The Twins cannot win without Morneau, and they still have to take their division because the wild card is going to come from the Eastern Division again.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, they didn't do too badly against Chicago this week. And Morny should be back soon.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

If the "insert team of choice" offense goes to sleep, and if the pitching falters, the "insert team of choice" can be beaten.

George

Noooooo.....ya think? Are you sure you're not a baseball analyst? Wanna tell me what team doesn't lose when the "offense goes to sleep and the pitching falters"? Big Grin rotflmo

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well, as I predicted, the Twins are playing the Yanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't think they will. Not without Morneau. I do hope Mauer is close to 100% with this knee injury. Gonna make it hard to drive the ball with a balky knee.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:

If the "insert team of choice" offense goes to sleep, and if the pitching falters, the "insert team of choice" can be beaten.

George

Noooooo.....ya think? Are you sure you're not a baseball analyst? Wanna tell me what team doesn't lose when the "offense goes to sleep and the pitching falters"? Big Grin rotflmo

My point was, that both would have to happen for the Yankees to lose to the Twins. If either the starting pitching or offense is 'on', the Yanks will win.

Scoff, if you want. I'm STILL smarter than Joe Morgan or Ed Norton. hilbily

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Game 1 went to the Yanks, but it wasn't pretty for either side. Figured CC would have a tough outing, he just doesn't pitch well on long rest. Think it's been 8-9 days since his last start. I expect he'll be sharper his next outing, on short rest.

I just wondered if Liriano didn't hurt his forearm/elbow or if it tightened up on him in the 6th. He kept flexing his hand, stretching his arm and flinching. He threw really well until then, whether he got tired or his arm tightened up.

Neither pitched anywhere near as well as Halladay or Lee. I wouldn't mind seeing those two go head to head in the WS...

posted Hide Post
Lee had loaded the bases in the first, but was helped out by the home plate umpire who made an awful call against Carlos Pena.

The Rays hit him hard again in the second, but just couldn't get anything going after that.

George

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lee is a horse. It would be foolish for any team to take him lightly. He does still have the stuff to shut any team down at any time. Looked to me like he was just missing his spots a little bit early on.

He may not have matched Halladay's performance yesterday, but he sure outpitched every other starter.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope, they can't beat the yanks. Not even a single game.

Posts: 98 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 13 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
The reds couldn't muster a single win either!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Can Texas beat the Yankees?

Without Cliff Lee pitching 2 games, it's going to be tough.

Can he pitch 2 more games on short rest?

Don

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From what I understand, Texas is thinking about throwing Lee in the 3rd game and 7th, if necessary. Wilson and Hunter will pitch the first two.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yanks take the first of 7, by a shoestring...

CC started on 9 days rest, and like mentioned before, he does not do very well on extended rest...

Wilson pitched a great game. Remains to be seen what Hughes and Colby Lewis can do in the post season as starters. Lee vs. Pettitte is going to be historic...

Going to be an interesting series. I'd love to see Lee pitch again in the WS, but really do feel that the Yanks will overpower Washington's Rangers. Just hope everyone plays well and the best team beats the other. I hate to see someone fill the role of the goat...