Notify
Tools

Peep Sight
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted
Hello guys,

I have a muzzleloader deer hunt coming up in October. I've owned an old Hawken style .54 cal, Lyman Deer Stalker for about 20 years but just never used it because we don't really have a MZ season in Texas. I know an in-line would be the way to go but since I've got this rifle, I really want to get it up to speed.

I would really like to put a tang mounted peep sight on the rifle, but for some reason, all the sources I've looked at have the Lyman 57 SML Peep Sight listed as discontinued or at least out of stock, possibly with a 90 day ship date. I need to find one of these quicker than 90 days in order to get sighted in and do some serious practice. From what I understand, the Thompson Center factory peep sight supposedly fits the Deer Slayer as well.

Does anyone out there have one of these sights for sale or know of where I can get one? Again, it's the Lyman 57 SML Tang Mounted Peep Sight, or the Thompson Center Tang Mounted Factory Sight.

Thanks,

Todd

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI:Lyman 57SML Thompson Center Tang Peep Sight:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lyman-...?hash=item2a307c6c31

Posts: 432 | Location: California | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I think I have one of those. IF you want I will look for it.

PM me if you are interested and can't find one cheaper than what the one will be on eflay

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you need any help installing it let me know I have a tutorial on it. I have installed a bunch of them. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Try Williams gun sight or Marble Arms, I think I got my last one from Marble arms.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The TC tang sights are auctioned on Ebay regularly.

quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Hello guys,

I have a muzzleloader deer hunt coming up in October. I've owned an old Hawken style .54 cal, Lyman Deer Stalker for about 20 years but just never used it because we don't really have a MZ season in Texas. I know an in-line would be the way to go but since I've got this rifle, I really want to get it up to speed.

I would really like to put a tang mounted peep sight on the rifle, but for some reason, all the sources I've looked at have the Lyman 57 SML Peep Sight listed as discontinued or at least out of stock, possibly with a 90 day ship date. I need to find one of these quicker than 90 days in order to get sighted in and do some serious practice. From what I understand, the Thompson Center factory peep sight supposedly fits the Deer Slayer as well.

Does anyone out there have one of these sights for sale or know of where I can get one? Again, it's the Lyman 57 SML Tang Mounted Peep Sight, or the Thompson Center Tang Mounted Factory Sight.

Thanks,

Todd

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Todd, I have a couple of 54 cal molds if you're interested.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a 57 on my Lyman great plains 54 cal. but I have seen a neat Williams with a flat bottom tapped into the top of the oct. barrel, it was just neat..modified or purchased with a flat base I suppose, not sure but would be easy to do either way.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Todd, try Dixie gun works. Look up on net and my advice is - call them. They are very helpful and know their stuff.

Posts: 253 | Location: Texas by way of NC, Indiana, Ark, LA, OKLA | Registered: 23 January 2005Reply With Quote