New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cutting open a nitro firestick?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 40 nitrofire cartridges and would like to shoot the triple 8 in my Encore. Any thoughts on how to open one without blowing my hands off? Thanks, Optik1

Posts: 372 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I mean the firestick cartridge. Not the gun. Optik1

Posts: 372 | Location: linwood Michigan | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Since there is no primer in the cartridge, and the propellant will not self ignite, just remove the wad from the front and remove the powder.

Posts: 17105 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opened 4 fire sticks today. Triple 8 looks similar to a ball type powder. 100gr eq weighs out at 60.05 grains. Just an fyi. Optik1

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got around to shooting some of this Triple 8. Virtually no smoke, crazy ckean. Sabot hit the screen of my chrony with the first shot so no fps info yet. Tom

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't understand why anyone would be
surprised at wrecking a Chrony.

The sole purpose of putting everything
right in front like they so is so they

can sell replacements.

IF you get another one you're a sucker!

Put a piece of heavy clear plastic in front
of the screen and replace those wire legs with
wood dowels. They'll last a lot longer.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Appreciate the smart ass reply George.