New
Find
Notify
Tools

Husqvarna model 33
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone use a Husqvarna model 33 rolling block to build on? Have a couple with poor bores & looking for ideas to give them a new life.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool-looking rifles! Some even came in full-stock.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Ken, you're not really going to torture us by not putting up a photo are you? You know what a rolling block junkie I am.

hilbily

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16371 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct Mr Biebs, I also have a few of the full stock versions

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill-
This is one (of many) I have. As you can see they are small & trim.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Something low pressure, like the original 7mm Mauser loading, would make a great chambering.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
32-40 & 38-55 is to long so I suspect the 7x57 would have the same issues. I was hoping to find someone who has already made a successful conversion.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably would make a really nice conversion to .22 lr.

Posts: 303 | Location: Hill Country, TX | Registered: 26 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trying to avoid converting the firing pin from center fire. Thinking of trying to save the barrel by a rebore or relining if possible. Also saves me having to put the forearm hanger on a new forearm

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Barreled one up in 32-40 for gentleman a little while back it looked good but I have yet to see it with the new stock that he was going to do himself

Posts: 61 | Location: Big Timber Mt. / Campbell NY | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Never saw one of those beautiful husky 33's in person. thanks for posting the pic. how about relining the barrel to 8.15x46r old German schutzen caliber?. I'm not really up on the strength limitations on these rolling blocks. Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Singleshotlover:
Never saw one of those beautiful husky 33's in person. thanks for posting the pic. how about relining the barrel to 8.15x46r old German schutzen caliber?. I'm not really up on the strength limitations on these rolling blocks. Frank

Hoping to find something easier. I am tired of making/hunting components, brass conversions, having to swage bullets. In a perfect world I can just order up some loaded cartridges.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by j seeley:
Barreled one up in 32-40 for gentleman a little while back it looked good but I have yet to see it with the new stock that he was going to do himself

Did you test fire it? Any issues clearing the block or hammer?

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes I did test fire it. There are no problems with block or hammer clearance.

Posts: 61 | Location: Big Timber Mt. / Campbell NY | Registered: 27 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by j seeley:
Yes I did test fire it. There are no problems with block or hammer clearance.

Thanks

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
reline to 32-20 with a faster twist liner so you can shoot heavier bullets. If I had one of those rifles that is what I'd do. What are there present calibers?. Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What are there present calibers?.

They made them is several different calibers, most seem to be 9.3x57x360 or 8 mm Sauer but I have seen a 10mm & some in 22 hornet.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Neat little action. If you ate interested in parting with one, let me know. I am looking for a trim action to build a target .32-40 on.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3816 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loud-n-boomer:
Neat little action. If you ate interested in parting with one, let me know. I am looking for a trim action to build a target .32-40 on.

I will let you know after I have a chance to get them sorted out & know what I have planned. These might be nice to build a stalking rifle but might be a little light for a target rifle, although it would be trim....just my thoughts.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ken.

I am thinking one of these actions would be a great basis for a schutzen rifle in .32-40.

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3816 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote