THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    TC Encore with Swing Hammer Cocking Piece

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC Encore with Swing Hammer Cocking Piece
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My Encore has the factory swing hammer cocking piece. I have it adjusted to the right side to clear the octal lense bell on most scopes. However on a couple of my barrels the scope is low enough to make it a little awkward for my fat thumb to cock the hammer. I do not like scopes mounted in high or extra high rings and I'm not fussy about some of the cheap screw on hammer extensions. Since the cocking piece is installed with a single screw on these adjustable hammers I was wondering if there was a longer swing hammer made to fit . Or has anyone obtained an extra swing hammer piece and heated it with a torch and bent it down a little lower to provide more clearance ?

Posts: 2434 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote