THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Disassembly instructions for Dakota Model 10

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disassembly instructions for Dakota Model 10
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a model 10 that won’t fire. I suspect a broken firing pin. I can’t raise Dakota on the phone or email. would anyone have disassembly instructions. I did an internet search and only found that it is difficult.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never been able to find anything on taking one apart either. Usually Dakota is easy to get ahold of and questions answered, but with the Remington bankruptcy and them being tied in with all of that who knows what is going on with them right now. May want to try Steven Dodd Hughes. I know he has built a custom off of one before so I’m sure he’s had it apart. If you find out I’d be curious to know how to as well. Not that I want to take mine apart, but it’s good info to know.

Posts: 291 | Location: Coweta Oklahoma  | Registered: 08 January 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did finally talk to Dakota. The disassembly instructions sounds like Don Allen was inspired by Rube Goldberg. among other things they put the action in a vice to contain the hinge pin. i’ll wait until they are back up and have Dakota do it.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2141 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote