THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Any Blaser K-95 shooters out there?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Blaser K-95 shooters out there?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
What do you like about your K-95 and what have you shot with it? Thanks. CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5103 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have always liked singleshots. it is light, compact and easy to look at. it has been accurate, far surpassing my expectations. the down side is I think the scope mounting system puts the scope up higher than I like but the stock is also dimensioned for that. there currently one on gunbroker in 270 with a cheap scope that is very reasonable considering it will also come with the ring system. keeping an eye on it, couldn't hurt having another.
I haven't killed anything with it officially yet.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks. What caliber is your Blaser K-95?

Posts: 5103 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30-06 not the best for everything but never wrong

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a Blaser K 95 Stutzen in 308.

It was one of the most accurate hunting rifles I have ever shot. With it I killed deer, a couple of turkeys, a couple of wild pigs and a black bear.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
That's for sure max.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
it is light, compact and easy to look at. it has been accurate, far surpassing my expectations. the down side is I think the scope mounting system puts the scope up higher than I like

Spot on description

Mine is a 308 Luxus

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I've been hearing that a lot lately and then one major retailer tells me they didn't sell well so they dropped the model. I wonder if the cheaper Merkel K-3 stole their thunder. Thanks N E
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:
I had a Blaser K 95 Stutzen in 308.

It was one of the most accurate hunting rifles I have ever shot. With it I killed deer, a couple of turkeys, a couple of wild pigs and a black bear.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Good points about the high scope position. Did you guys use a "low" ring mount or something else? QUOTE]Originally posted by Cat Power:
quote:
it is light, compact and easy to look at. it has been accurate, far surpassing my expectations. the down side is I think the scope mounting system puts the scope up higher than I like

Spot on description

Mine is a 308 Luxus[/QUOTE]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have barrels in 6.5x55 and 300 Wby. It is one trim rifle that, for me, is a natural fit.

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have barrels in 6.5x55

I want that 6.5x55 barrel!!!!!

On scope mounting, you can buy a rail that fits flush with the top of the receiver and is inletted for Talley bases. Just use low Talleys and you're good to go.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a nice used K95 in 270 being auctioned off now on GB. Starting bid $2,500

It's nice

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking for a spare barrel, if anyone has one they're not using.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cat Power:
There is a nice used K95 in 270 being auctioned off now on GB. Starting bid $2,500

It's nice
I liked it too. FYI: He just added pics of the butt without the cover. I'm waiting for a LOP and pad thickness measurement from him to see if the stock was modified.

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Im the past year I have shot 3 whitetail and 22 head of african game with mine.

Mac

Posts: 1723 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sweet. Thanks Mac. Caliber(s) please.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope you get that rifle CB. I know you have been wanting one

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

All the Africa stuff with was a 300WM. That was the only barrel I had. Then picked up a 6.5x57R barrel and killed the whitetail. And now I also have a 5.6x50R that I have yet to kill anything with.

Mac

Posts: 1723 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks Cat. I'm still indecisive on what a fair price would be for it since the stock was cut down and an ugly pad added. I'll leave a bid soon and if it sticks fine. If I'm outbid, others will come along. There's no rush.
quote:
Originally posted by Cat Power:
I hope you get that rifle CB. I know you have been wanting one

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Mac: A 6.5X57R in that frame would be sweet. That was a superb find! It's on my hot list right next to a .257WBY.
quote:
Originally posted by McKay:
quote:
Originally posted by custombolt:

All the Africa stuff with was a 300WM. That was the only barrel I had. Then picked up a 6.5x57R barrel and killed the whitetail. And now I also have a 5.6x50R that I have yet to kill anything with.

one of us
posted Hide Post
There's not alot to complain about a K95 IMO.

Mine's a 7x57R; lovely stalking rifle.

Blaser told me that @ 80% of their K95 production are chambered in 308 Win. which is a good niche as it's a solid combination for this light rifle. The associated 6.5's and 7mms also.

The 25.6" length barrel for the 257 Weatherby puts it in the "Screamer" class IMO, for those who desire to "reach out and touch" .... a superb option.

As for the apparent scope height discontent; a coupla issues.

The straight American stocks (as opposed to the hogbacked double cheekpieced European Versions)
do not afford as much stock height, exacerbating the scope issue. The European stock raises the head position.

Secondly, with the first generation of Blaser Saddle Mounts it is @ 10 minutes work to take the rings off the Saddle Mount and turn them down on a lathe for a custom scope fit. I've done it with the countless sets I have (for the R93 also) and gets the scopes; even those with some larger objective bells down to as low as you can possibly mount them for a good cheek weld.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Tweaking things is part of the fun most of the time. But, Blaser mounts are so well finished. I'd be reluctant to remove any metal. Danke für den Input CB

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Danke für den Input CB

Bitte .....

Cool

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have a K95 and 3 barrels (222, 30-06 and 243).

I have only killed a doe pronghorn with it. I think dad has taken about 5 animals with it.

We like it, it's not perfect but it weighs nothing, shoots well and looks nice.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two K95 a Luxus and one Grand luxe.
4 barrels 30R octagonal 60cm Magna ported.
30R 65cm with Blasers brake .
A 257wby and a 270 wby barrel Love them all
My new favorite is the 65cm 30R Barrel.

Posts: 43 | Location: Norway | Registered: 31 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
here the new 30R 65 cm brarrel

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Hope i got it correct now

One of Us
posted Hide Post
vvvvvv[url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/11693137@N04/12876425375/]

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Sorry I missed your post until now BWW. Thanks. Good to hear those positive reports. How far was the shot on the speedgoat?
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
I have a K95 and 3 barrels (222, 30-06 and 243).

I have only killed a doe pronghorn with it. I think dad has taken about 5 animals with it.

We like it, it's not perfect but it weighs nothing, shoots well and looks nice.

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I took a Red Stag in NZ in early April with a K95. That same rifle was responsible for another 4 animals there during our hunt.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
NZ hunting sounds like fun Cliff. I have some Oryx 156 grain soft points to try in the K-95 next if the wind ever backs off some Saturday. Never did find any heavier loads than these. Thanks for all the input guys.

posted Hide Post
Look here:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...043/m/2261058351/p/4
Top accuracy! The 270Win is fully OK. I like it.
BR Heinz

Posts: 7 | Location: Germany | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote