Find
Notify
Tools

Freedom Arms 6.5 x 55
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted
I had a chance to shoot the Freedom Arms single shot rifle last week at Whittington. It is not released as yet but it is ssuperb. The caliber I shot was 6.5 x 55. Recoil was minimal, accuracy was excellent. It is definitely a step up from the ones currently on the market.

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
This is good news. I was unaware of a rifle coming from Freedom Arms. Were you able to get any photos? If not, can you provide us a description?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm with Cliff.....more information.....please.

Posts: 190 | Location: Mountains of Virginia | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I checked their website and found nothing. It may be further out than we think. But I sure am interested in looking into one.

Picture of Mark Hargrove
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill!

Freedom Arms is developing a single shot pistol - the Model 2008. It is a dandy. Some details about it can be found on gunblast.com ... it has made some aesthetic improvement by way of some sculpting on the forearm and such since the pictures were taken. It should roll out pretty soon, and I think they will have pricing before long.

They do plan to introduce it as a rifle as well ... but are getting the handgun into production first.

Posts: 14 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 13 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
This is good news. I will be anxious to see their pistol and rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
another drive-by eh bill?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is definitely a step up from the ones currently on the market.

Well, while I have an FA in 475 Linebaugh, I also own a Remington 700 Classic in 6.5x55. If the FA is a step up from that gun I would certainly like to see it!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote