Find
Notify
Tools

Dumoulin KLB 7x65R
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

With a 'special' North African hunt booked, I decided to get my wife a new rifle (which will also do perfectly for European roe to boar) -

7x65R by Ernest Dumoulin, Belgium. This rifle 'screams European tradition' starting with the caliber then the double European (German) set trigger, the hex barreling, the engraving and the motives of roe, boar and red stag, the stock magazine and the woodwork! Probably 25 - 30 years old and in great condition.

And it shoots pretty well too !

I hope that she likes it and that we can post some 'success' pictures on AR soon! And I hope that AR readers enjoy it too!

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I was in Springers in Vienna a week ago. I think they had one, too $$$ for me. Good luck

Posts: 6386 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Kind of ugly, you should send it to me for proper disposal Smiler

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
BWW - I'll grant you it's no Ruger but it caught my eye and I am hoping that my wife will like it !

Cheers

Charlie

Ps How common is the 7x65R is the US ?

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have a Blaser K95 as well, not all my guns are Platteland guns.

Yours is a wonderful old guild gun, I bet it wasn't cheap in Africa.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No matter how many times I count the sides on that barrel I get 8. That's octagonal, not hexagonal. In over 50 years of playing with firearms I have seen exactly one "hex", 6 sided barrel. All the others have been octagonal.

It is a looker and obviously a shooter!!

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Shoot, 9.3 you are exactly right ! Why I put hex and not oct I have no idea! Thanks for pointing that out.....

Maybe if we deduct the sides of the foresight ??

Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Six or eight it's a gorgeous rifle. At gun shows here one often hears octagonal barrels described as "hex". I always run over to look because they do exist, just rare. 99.9% of the time it's octagonal.

I'm not certain how European the Monte Carlo comb is, however. My experience with European firearms is with quite a bit older stuff so maybe I shouldn't mention it. But man that is a fabulous piece of wood and the engraving/inlays are exquisite!!! The 7 X 65 is a really good cartridge too. One nice piece!

DRSS: E. M. Reilley 500 BPE
E. Goldmann in Erfurt, 11.15 X 60R

Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it

Posts: 502 | Location: In The Sticks, Missouri  | Registered: 02 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
9.3 - Thank you Sir, I am very pleased with it. A great caliber and workmanship. Leather slip sling was included - I'll try and post pictures of it. Wood is really great and the high MC comb unusual but not unattractive.

Will be trying various factory ammunition in June / July to see if we can get tighter groups than the TIG ammo. We'll see ....

The glass seems to work pretty well too so I guess we tick all the 'before' boxes. Now we need to get into the field and try some 'after' boxes !!

Cheers

C

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a very nice kipp rifle . You could try TOG bullet. Torpedo Optimal Geschoss, a bonded version if you find it . But others , one loaded with say Nosler Accubond would be nice also for it .

Scope is recently set on. It is much younger than the rifle built .

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
PerH - Will spend range time and see what ammunition she digests best.

Yes of course the Swarovski glass is recent - they were not making them like that 30 years ago ! Wish they had been !

Cheers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the current wife doesn't appreciate it, the next one will.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote