THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SINGLE SHOT RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Single Shot Rifles    Winchester M1885 Traditional Hunter barrel dimensions

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester M1885 Traditional Hunter barrel dimensions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a client who owns a Win M1885 Traditional Hunter rifle in .45-70 who wants me to duplicate the barrel dimensions for a Ruger No. 3 we will build. Unfortunately, my client does not have a micrometer or caliper & is unable to measure the barrel. If any of you have an M1885 Traditional hunter and can measure the barrel, I would be super appreciative were you to provide two dimensions: the width across the flats at the muzzle and the width across the flats at the beginning of the octagon portion just forward of the round barrel cylinder. Thanks for your help.
Roger

Posts: 474 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote